Feb 23, 2011, 1:11 AM EDT
Feb. 23, 1:11 am: This is official, the two sides have agreed to terms and all that is left is for the league to give the trade it’s stamp of approval in the morning. Friend of the site Sam Amick of FanHouse confirms this.
Feb. 22, 11:19 pm: Carl Landry was held out of the Sacramento Kings thumping at the hand of the Miami Heat and coach Paul Westphal was pretty clear why in talking to ESPN.
“We’re involved in some fairly significant discussions,” Kings coach Paul Westphal said. “We thought it was prudent not to play him tonight.”
On first glance this move makes some sense for both sides. The Hornets have been looking for some help along the front line and Landry is a solid, professional forward who will fit well with what hey do. Landry was traded from the Rockets to the Hornets at last trading deadline.
The rebuilding Kings can give Thornton more touches. He has taken a step back in his sophomore season as he has had to adjust to playing off the ball as opposed to getting to dominate the ball as much as he did last season (when Chris Paul was out numerous games).
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 1
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 4
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 7
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (96)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'