Feb 23, 2011, 1:11 AM EDT
Feb. 23, 1:11 am: This is official, the two sides have agreed to terms and all that is left is for the league to give the trade it’s stamp of approval in the morning. Friend of the site Sam Amick of FanHouse confirms this.
Feb. 22, 11:19 pm: Carl Landry was held out of the Sacramento Kings thumping at the hand of the Miami Heat and coach Paul Westphal was pretty clear why in talking to ESPN.
“We’re involved in some fairly significant discussions,” Kings coach Paul Westphal said. “We thought it was prudent not to play him tonight.”
On first glance this move makes some sense for both sides. The Hornets have been looking for some help along the front line and Landry is a solid, professional forward who will fit well with what hey do. Landry was traded from the Rockets to the Hornets at last trading deadline.
The rebuilding Kings can give Thornton more touches. He has taken a step back in his sophomore season as he has had to adjust to playing off the ball as opposed to getting to dominate the ball as much as he did last season (when Chris Paul was out numerous games).
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 11
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 8
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 14
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23