Feb 23, 2011, 6:57 PM EDT
Well, that was some unfortunate timing.
Not that there is a good time to break your thumb, as the Indiana Pacers’ Mike Dunleavy did Tuesday night in a win over the Washington Wizards. The injury will have him out indefinitely, the team announced.
Dunleavy was one of the key trade chips for the Pacers, as Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe noted. He has a $10.6 million expiring contract, but that will be hard to move now that he has this injury.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28