Feb 23, 2011, 6:57 PM EST
Well, that was some unfortunate timing.
Not that there is a good time to break your thumb, as the Indiana Pacers’ Mike Dunleavy did Tuesday night in a win over the Washington Wizards. The injury will have him out indefinitely, the team announced.
Dunleavy was one of the key trade chips for the Pacers, as Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe noted. He has a $10.6 million expiring contract, but that will be hard to move now that he has this injury.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 13
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 3
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 25
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 27
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 25