Feb 23, 2011, 6:57 PM EST
Well, that was some unfortunate timing.
Not that there is a good time to break your thumb, as the Indiana Pacers’ Mike Dunleavy did Tuesday night in a win over the Washington Wizards. The injury will have him out indefinitely, the team announced.
Dunleavy was one of the key trade chips for the Pacers, as Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe noted. He has a $10.6 million expiring contract, but that will be hard to move now that he has this injury.
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 4
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 5
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 21
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 9
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)