Feb 23, 2011, 6:57 PM EDT
Well, that was some unfortunate timing.
Not that there is a good time to break your thumb, as the Indiana Pacers’ Mike Dunleavy did Tuesday night in a win over the Washington Wizards. The injury will have him out indefinitely, the team announced.
Dunleavy was one of the key trade chips for the Pacers, as Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe noted. He has a $10.6 million expiring contract, but that will be hard to move now that he has this injury.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 28
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 21
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22