Feb 23, 2011, 6:57 PM EST
Well, that was some unfortunate timing.
Not that there is a good time to break your thumb, as the Indiana Pacers’ Mike Dunleavy did Tuesday night in a win over the Washington Wizards. The injury will have him out indefinitely, the team announced.
Dunleavy was one of the key trade chips for the Pacers, as Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe noted. He has a $10.6 million expiring contract, but that will be hard to move now that he has this injury.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 0
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 10
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31