Feb 23, 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
Multiple sources are reporting that the Atlanta Hawks have agreed to trade Mike Bibby, Mo Evans, rookie Jordan Crawford, and a #1 pick to the Washington Wizards in exchange for Kirk Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong.
This deal fills an obvious need for the Hawks. Mike Bibby is still a sharpshooter, but he has contributed in few other ways this season. His defense has always been an issue, he’s shooting worse on two-point shots than he is on three-pointers, and he’s averaged only 3.6 assists per game.
Hinrich isn’t a top point guard in the league, and he never quite lived up to the promise he showed during the 06-07 season, but he is the epitome of a solid guard. He plays good defense, can knock down the open shot, and is a quality passer who doesn’t make many mistakes. This certainly isn’t the biggest trade of the day, but the Hawks did get a much-needed upgrade at the point guard spot.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 0
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 29
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17