Feb 23, 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
Multiple sources are reporting that the Atlanta Hawks have agreed to trade Mike Bibby, Mo Evans, rookie Jordan Crawford, and a #1 pick to the Washington Wizards in exchange for Kirk Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong.
This deal fills an obvious need for the Hawks. Mike Bibby is still a sharpshooter, but he has contributed in few other ways this season. His defense has always been an issue, he’s shooting worse on two-point shots than he is on three-pointers, and he’s averaged only 3.6 assists per game.
Hinrich isn’t a top point guard in the league, and he never quite lived up to the promise he showed during the 06-07 season, but he is the epitome of a solid guard. He plays good defense, can knock down the open shot, and is a quality passer who doesn’t make many mistakes. This certainly isn’t the biggest trade of the day, but the Hawks did get a much-needed upgrade at the point guard spot.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48