Feb 23, 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
Multiple sources are reporting that the Atlanta Hawks have agreed to trade Mike Bibby, Mo Evans, rookie Jordan Crawford, and a #1 pick to the Washington Wizards in exchange for Kirk Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong.
This deal fills an obvious need for the Hawks. Mike Bibby is still a sharpshooter, but he has contributed in few other ways this season. His defense has always been an issue, he’s shooting worse on two-point shots than he is on three-pointers, and he’s averaged only 3.6 assists per game.
Hinrich isn’t a top point guard in the league, and he never quite lived up to the promise he showed during the 06-07 season, but he is the epitome of a solid guard. He plays good defense, can knock down the open shot, and is a quality passer who doesn’t make many mistakes. This certainly isn’t the biggest trade of the day, but the Hawks did get a much-needed upgrade at the point guard spot.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49