Feb 23, 2011, 7:48 PM EST
Multiple sources are reporting that the Atlanta Hawks have agreed to trade Mike Bibby, Mo Evans, rookie Jordan Crawford, and a #1 pick to the Washington Wizards in exchange for Kirk Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong.
This deal fills an obvious need for the Hawks. Mike Bibby is still a sharpshooter, but he has contributed in few other ways this season. His defense has always been an issue, he’s shooting worse on two-point shots than he is on three-pointers, and he’s averaged only 3.6 assists per game.
Hinrich isn’t a top point guard in the league, and he never quite lived up to the promise he showed during the 06-07 season, but he is the epitome of a solid guard. He plays good defense, can knock down the open shot, and is a quality passer who doesn’t make many mistakes. This certainly isn’t the biggest trade of the day, but the Hawks did get a much-needed upgrade at the point guard spot.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 0
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 47
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12