Feb 23, 2011, 2:04 PM EST
There was a lot of shock going around the league when news broke that the Jazz had traded Deron Williams to the New Jersey Nets. Fans, media and players were shocked — and that includes Deron Williams himself.
Chris Paul was no fan of the deal, he wrote this on twitter:
Utah traded DWill?? #EpicFail #notagoodlook #trippin #cmonson
A lot of Jazz fans felt that way, but CP3? You’d think he’d love this deal. If the Nets can convince D-Will to sign an extension, that’s just less potential hurdle between him and the New York Knicks. This could make the Paul’s life less complicated.
At the very least, it moves Williams out of the West so Paul doesn’t have to face him quite so often.
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 0
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 1
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 3
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 5
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 24
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 10