Feb 23, 2011, 2:04 PM EST
There was a lot of shock going around the league when news broke that the Jazz had traded Deron Williams to the New Jersey Nets. Fans, media and players were shocked — and that includes Deron Williams himself.
Chris Paul was no fan of the deal, he wrote this on twitter:
Utah traded DWill?? #EpicFail #notagoodlook #trippin #cmonson
A lot of Jazz fans felt that way, but CP3? You’d think he’d love this deal. If the Nets can convince D-Will to sign an extension, that’s just less potential hurdle between him and the New York Knicks. This could make the Paul’s life less complicated.
At the very least, it moves Williams out of the West so Paul doesn’t have to face him quite so often.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30