Feb 23, 2011, 2:04 PM EST
There was a lot of shock going around the league when news broke that the Jazz had traded Deron Williams to the New Jersey Nets. Fans, media and players were shocked — and that includes Deron Williams himself.
Chris Paul was no fan of the deal, he wrote this on twitter:
Utah traded DWill?? #EpicFail #notagoodlook #trippin #cmonson
A lot of Jazz fans felt that way, but CP3? You’d think he’d love this deal. If the Nets can convince D-Will to sign an extension, that’s just less potential hurdle between him and the New York Knicks. This could make the Paul’s life less complicated.
At the very least, it moves Williams out of the West so Paul doesn’t have to face him quite so often.
- Brook Lopez suffers broken foot, out for the season 12
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 10
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 6
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 16
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 36
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (70)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)