Feb 23, 2011, 2:04 PM EDT
There was a lot of shock going around the league when news broke that the Jazz had traded Deron Williams to the New Jersey Nets. Fans, media and players were shocked — and that includes Deron Williams himself.
Chris Paul was no fan of the deal, he wrote this on twitter:
Utah traded DWill?? #EpicFail #notagoodlook #trippin #cmonson
A lot of Jazz fans felt that way, but CP3? You’d think he’d love this deal. If the Nets can convince D-Will to sign an extension, that’s just less potential hurdle between him and the New York Knicks. This could make the Paul’s life less complicated.
At the very least, it moves Williams out of the West so Paul doesn’t have to face him quite so often.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 10
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 23
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 56
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 49
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65