Feb 23, 2011, 2:04 PM EDT
There was a lot of shock going around the league when news broke that the Jazz had traded Deron Williams to the New Jersey Nets. Fans, media and players were shocked — and that includes Deron Williams himself.
Chris Paul was no fan of the deal, he wrote this on twitter:
Utah traded DWill?? #EpicFail #notagoodlook #trippin #cmonson
A lot of Jazz fans felt that way, but CP3? You’d think he’d love this deal. If the Nets can convince D-Will to sign an extension, that’s just less potential hurdle between him and the New York Knicks. This could make the Paul’s life less complicated.
At the very least, it moves Williams out of the West so Paul doesn’t have to face him quite so often.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 27
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 17
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15