Feb 23, 2011, 10:58 PM EDT
Kendrick Perkins finally returned to the Celtics a dozen games ago, returning from his finals knee injury to anchor on the backline of the Celtics defense. Now he is out again for at least three more games.
Perkins strained his MCL Tuesday night in the Celtics win over Golden State and will sit out the final three games of this West Coast road trip, reports Jessica Camerato of CSN New England. He left the game during the third quarter Thursday and did not return.
Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal remain out injured as well. So come on down Semih Erden, you’re up next on “who wants to play center for the Celtics.”
As they have with all their injuries this season, expect the Celtics to be cautious. They would rather have Perkins get fully recovered, even if it costs them a regular season game or two, to make sure everyone is healthy for the playoffs.
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 7
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 18
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2