Feb 23, 2011, 10:58 PM EDT
Kendrick Perkins finally returned to the Celtics a dozen games ago, returning from his finals knee injury to anchor on the backline of the Celtics defense. Now he is out again for at least three more games.
Perkins strained his MCL Tuesday night in the Celtics win over Golden State and will sit out the final three games of this West Coast road trip, reports Jessica Camerato of CSN New England. He left the game during the third quarter Thursday and did not return.
Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal remain out injured as well. So come on down Semih Erden, you’re up next on “who wants to play center for the Celtics.”
As they have with all their injuries this season, expect the Celtics to be cautious. They would rather have Perkins get fully recovered, even if it costs them a regular season game or two, to make sure everyone is healthy for the playoffs.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49