Feb 23, 2011, 10:58 PM EDT
Kendrick Perkins finally returned to the Celtics a dozen games ago, returning from his finals knee injury to anchor on the backline of the Celtics defense. Now he is out again for at least three more games.
Perkins strained his MCL Tuesday night in the Celtics win over Golden State and will sit out the final three games of this West Coast road trip, reports Jessica Camerato of CSN New England. He left the game during the third quarter Thursday and did not return.
Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal remain out injured as well. So come on down Semih Erden, you’re up next on “who wants to play center for the Celtics.”
As they have with all their injuries this season, expect the Celtics to be cautious. They would rather have Perkins get fully recovered, even if it costs them a regular season game or two, to make sure everyone is healthy for the playoffs.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 14
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17