Feb 23, 2011, 10:58 PM EDT
Kendrick Perkins finally returned to the Celtics a dozen games ago, returning from his finals knee injury to anchor on the backline of the Celtics defense. Now he is out again for at least three more games.
Perkins strained his MCL Tuesday night in the Celtics win over Golden State and will sit out the final three games of this West Coast road trip, reports Jessica Camerato of CSN New England. He left the game during the third quarter Thursday and did not return.
Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal remain out injured as well. So come on down Semih Erden, you’re up next on “who wants to play center for the Celtics.”
As they have with all their injuries this season, expect the Celtics to be cautious. They would rather have Perkins get fully recovered, even if it costs them a regular season game or two, to make sure everyone is healthy for the playoffs.
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 3
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 10
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 41
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 22