Feb 23, 2011, 10:58 PM EDT
Kendrick Perkins finally returned to the Celtics a dozen games ago, returning from his finals knee injury to anchor on the backline of the Celtics defense. Now he is out again for at least three more games.
Perkins strained his MCL Tuesday night in the Celtics win over Golden State and will sit out the final three games of this West Coast road trip, reports Jessica Camerato of CSN New England. He left the game during the third quarter Thursday and did not return.
Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal remain out injured as well. So come on down Semih Erden, you’re up next on “who wants to play center for the Celtics.”
As they have with all their injuries this season, expect the Celtics to be cautious. They would rather have Perkins get fully recovered, even if it costs them a regular season game or two, to make sure everyone is healthy for the playoffs.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 12