Feb 22, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
You know that shock-wave thing your uncle had to break up his kidney stones a decade ago? That’s pretty much what Tyreke Evans had done to his left foot today.
Evans has been battling plantar fasciitis in his left foot all season. Back around Christmas he considered having this procedure, but decided not to play through it.
Thing is, the only real cure for this is condition is rest. Good luck getting during the season. Even with missing a couple games and then the All-Star break, Evans foot still bothered him too much to play. So he had another MRI and met with a doctor in Los Angeles Tuesday.
That’s when he got the treatment, called corporeal shockwave treatment. He will be evaluated again in three weeks, but he could be out longer.
There’s disagreement in the medical community about whether or not corporeal shockwave treatments work. But desperate times call for desperate measures, and Evans foot was enough of a pain — literally — for him to try this.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 31
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 28
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?