Feb 22, 2011, 8:10 AM EDT
After sitting out All-Star weekend, Tyreke Evans foot was still bothering him to the point that he had another MRI done, and is visiting another foot specialist in Los Angeles.
That means he will miss Tuesday night’s game against the Heat, according to a tweet from Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee. This will be his third missed game in a row, sandwiched around the All-Star break.
Evans has been battling plantar fasciitis in his left foot all season. Back around Christmas he considered having a laser procedure that would have kept him out months, but decided not to go that route. He tired to play through it. The problem is the only real cure for this is condition is rest.
It’s hard to get that during the season. Then even when he finally got a week between games things did not improve, so it is another round of tests and visits to the doctor. And another missed game.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9