Feb 22, 2011, 8:10 AM EDT
After sitting out All-Star weekend, Tyreke Evans foot was still bothering him to the point that he had another MRI done, and is visiting another foot specialist in Los Angeles.
That means he will miss Tuesday night’s game against the Heat, according to a tweet from Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee. This will be his third missed game in a row, sandwiched around the All-Star break.
Evans has been battling plantar fasciitis in his left foot all season. Back around Christmas he considered having a laser procedure that would have kept him out months, but decided not to go that route. He tired to play through it. The problem is the only real cure for this is condition is rest.
It’s hard to get that during the season. Then even when he finally got a week between games things did not improve, so it is another round of tests and visits to the doctor. And another missed game.
- Report: LeBron James leaves meeting with Pat Riley without committing to Heat 5
- Report: Mavericks shake up Rockets’ free-agent plans, agree to offer sheet with Chandler Parsons 15
- Gregg Popovich agrees to extension with Spurs, likely stays past Tim Duncan era 6
- Report: Cavaliers want to swing Kevin Love trade if LeBron James comes to town 42
- NBA salary cap jumps nearly $5 million next year to $63 million, luxury tax line $76.8 million 7
- Report: Carmelo Anthony to choose New York, announcement Thursday. Agent denies. 63
- Reports: It’s LeBron, agent, Pat Riley alone in a room Wednesday afternoon In Vegas 49
- Report: Cavaliers agree to trade with Nets, Celtics, clearing cap space for LeBron James 115