Feb 22, 2011, 8:10 AM EST
After sitting out All-Star weekend, Tyreke Evans foot was still bothering him to the point that he had another MRI done, and is visiting another foot specialist in Los Angeles.
That means he will miss Tuesday night’s game against the Heat, according to a tweet from Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee. This will be his third missed game in a row, sandwiched around the All-Star break.
Evans has been battling plantar fasciitis in his left foot all season. Back around Christmas he considered having a laser procedure that would have kept him out months, but decided not to go that route. He tired to play through it. The problem is the only real cure for this is condition is rest.
It’s hard to get that during the season. Then even when he finally got a week between games things did not improve, so it is another round of tests and visits to the doctor. And another missed game.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 4
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 11
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 14
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (38)