Feb 22, 2011, 9:33 PM EDT
Pity the Milwaukee Bucks. They get to come into Madison Square Garden on the night Carmelo Anthony first puts on a Knicks jersey and wants to impress his new hometown fans.
Everyone involved with the 12-player trade has to pass a physical or have it waived for anyone involved to play. The Knicks may be confident that will happen but one should take that with a grain of salt. There are a lot of moving parts here.
If he does play, look for Anthony to start at the small forward spot.
The Knicks get pretty much the perfect game to start the new era — they catch a struggling Bucks team on the second night of a back-to-back, and the Bucks anemic offense is the one thing that could make the Knicks look like they are playing defense.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 1
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11