Feb 22, 2011, 9:33 PM EST
Pity the Milwaukee Bucks. They get to come into Madison Square Garden on the night Carmelo Anthony first puts on a Knicks jersey and wants to impress his new hometown fans.
Everyone involved with the 12-player trade has to pass a physical or have it waived for anyone involved to play. The Knicks may be confident that will happen but one should take that with a grain of salt. There are a lot of moving parts here.
If he does play, look for Anthony to start at the small forward spot.
The Knicks get pretty much the perfect game to start the new era — they catch a struggling Bucks team on the second night of a back-to-back, and the Bucks anemic offense is the one thing that could make the Knicks look like they are playing defense.
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 10
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46