Feb 22, 2011, 9:33 PM EDT
Pity the Milwaukee Bucks. They get to come into Madison Square Garden on the night Carmelo Anthony first puts on a Knicks jersey and wants to impress his new hometown fans.
Everyone involved with the 12-player trade has to pass a physical or have it waived for anyone involved to play. The Knicks may be confident that will happen but one should take that with a grain of salt. There are a lot of moving parts here.
If he does play, look for Anthony to start at the small forward spot.
The Knicks get pretty much the perfect game to start the new era — they catch a struggling Bucks team on the second night of a back-to-back, and the Bucks anemic offense is the one thing that could make the Knicks look like they are playing defense.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11