Feb 22, 2011, 8:58 PM EDT
It was a minor part of the Carmelo Anthony trade that was not mentioned yesterday, but we feel it should be put out there so you, dear reader, feel fully informed — center Kosta Koufos is headed to Denver.
The Timberwolves are trading Koufos to clear out time for their existing front line players — including newly acquired Anthony Randolph — and to save a couple million dollars next year, according to a tweet from Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune.
Also, Minnesota is getting an unprotected 2015 second round pick from the Nuggets. Which, amazingly enough, is pretty much what Koufos is worth.
Koufos was basically only playing in garbage time anyway; with all the shakeups in Denver (especially if they do move Nene) he may get a little more burn. Koufos has one more year at $2.2 million on his deal, with a team option for $3.2 million the year after that.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10