Feb 22, 2011, 8:58 PM EDT
It was a minor part of the Carmelo Anthony trade that was not mentioned yesterday, but we feel it should be put out there so you, dear reader, feel fully informed — center Kosta Koufos is headed to Denver.
The Timberwolves are trading Koufos to clear out time for their existing front line players — including newly acquired Anthony Randolph — and to save a couple million dollars next year, according to a tweet from Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune.
Also, Minnesota is getting an unprotected 2015 second round pick from the Nuggets. Which, amazingly enough, is pretty much what Koufos is worth.
Koufos was basically only playing in garbage time anyway; with all the shakeups in Denver (especially if they do move Nene) he may get a little more burn. Koufos has one more year at $2.2 million on his deal, with a team option for $3.2 million the year after that.
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 0
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 27
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28