Feb 22, 2011, 8:58 PM EDT
It was a minor part of the Carmelo Anthony trade that was not mentioned yesterday, but we feel it should be put out there so you, dear reader, feel fully informed — center Kosta Koufos is headed to Denver.
The Timberwolves are trading Koufos to clear out time for their existing front line players — including newly acquired Anthony Randolph — and to save a couple million dollars next year, according to a tweet from Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune.
Also, Minnesota is getting an unprotected 2015 second round pick from the Nuggets. Which, amazingly enough, is pretty much what Koufos is worth.
Koufos was basically only playing in garbage time anyway; with all the shakeups in Denver (especially if they do move Nene) he may get a little more burn. Koufos has one more year at $2.2 million on his deal, with a team option for $3.2 million the year after that.
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 20
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 11
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70