Feb 22, 2011, 8:58 PM EDT
It was a minor part of the Carmelo Anthony trade that was not mentioned yesterday, but we feel it should be put out there so you, dear reader, feel fully informed — center Kosta Koufos is headed to Denver.
The Timberwolves are trading Koufos to clear out time for their existing front line players — including newly acquired Anthony Randolph — and to save a couple million dollars next year, according to a tweet from Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune.
Also, Minnesota is getting an unprotected 2015 second round pick from the Nuggets. Which, amazingly enough, is pretty much what Koufos is worth.
Koufos was basically only playing in garbage time anyway; with all the shakeups in Denver (especially if they do move Nene) he may get a little more burn. Koufos has one more year at $2.2 million on his deal, with a team option for $3.2 million the year after that.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10