Feb 22, 2011, 8:58 PM EDT
It was a minor part of the Carmelo Anthony trade that was not mentioned yesterday, but we feel it should be put out there so you, dear reader, feel fully informed — center Kosta Koufos is headed to Denver.
The Timberwolves are trading Koufos to clear out time for their existing front line players — including newly acquired Anthony Randolph — and to save a couple million dollars next year, according to a tweet from Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune.
Also, Minnesota is getting an unprotected 2015 second round pick from the Nuggets. Which, amazingly enough, is pretty much what Koufos is worth.
Koufos was basically only playing in garbage time anyway; with all the shakeups in Denver (especially if they do move Nene) he may get a little more burn. Koufos has one more year at $2.2 million on his deal, with a team option for $3.2 million the year after that.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 0
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 29
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17