Feb 21, 2011, 5:55 PM EST
One last trip back to the Saturday night dunk contest, something fun to watch on a game-free night.
On a night with dunks over cars and stuffed animals grabbed in people’s mouths, Toronto’s DeMar DeRozan may have had the best of the non-prop dunks. You can argue that Blake Griffin’s tornado dunk was better, but DeRozan nailed this one on the first try. That should count for something.
He called it The Show Stopper. Well, coach Darryl Dawkins did anyway. Watch for yourself, in the slow motion that NBA.com is so fond of.
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 9
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 12
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18