Feb 21, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
One last trip back to the Saturday night dunk contest, something fun to watch on a game-free night.
On a night with dunks over cars and stuffed animals grabbed in people’s mouths, Toronto’s DeMar DeRozan may have had the best of the non-prop dunks. You can argue that Blake Griffin’s tornado dunk was better, but DeRozan nailed this one on the first try. That should count for something.
He called it The Show Stopper. Well, coach Darryl Dawkins did anyway. Watch for yourself, in the slow motion that NBA.com is so fond of.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4