Feb 21, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
One last trip back to the Saturday night dunk contest, something fun to watch on a game-free night.
On a night with dunks over cars and stuffed animals grabbed in people’s mouths, Toronto’s DeMar DeRozan may have had the best of the non-prop dunks. You can argue that Blake Griffin’s tornado dunk was better, but DeRozan nailed this one on the first try. That should count for something.
He called it The Show Stopper. Well, coach Darryl Dawkins did anyway. Watch for yourself, in the slow motion that NBA.com is so fond of.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 2
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 13
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 22
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29