Feb 21, 2011, 8:41 PM EST
Coaches often make the worst general managers. They are notoriously bad at structuring trades. Coaches fall in love with players they think give them the best chance of winning right now. GM’s need to think big picture.
So not all that surprising that while the Nuggets brass prefers the promise of Derrick Favors and picks the Nuggets coach might prefer guys like Wilson Chandler and Danilo Galliari who can step in now.
According to Mark Spears at Yahoo, Nuggets coach George Karl does prefer the Knicks offer and is pushing the team to take it.
This is back to being a three-team deal now with the Timberwolves involved. The Nuggets would get Raymond Felton (who they likely would flip into another trade), Gallinari, Chandler, the Knicks 2014 first-round pick and Corey Brewer from Minnesota. The Knicks would get Anthony, Chauncey Billups Shelden Williams and Renaldo Balkman. Minnesota would get Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry’s expiring contract from the Knicks.
The Nuggets are pushing to get Timofey Mozgov from the Knicks as well, but the Knicks have balked at including one more player.
The Nets appear to be the odd team out, but they say they remain confident about making a deal. Of course they do.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16