Feb 21, 2011, 8:41 PM EDT
Coaches often make the worst general managers. They are notoriously bad at structuring trades. Coaches fall in love with players they think give them the best chance of winning right now. GM’s need to think big picture.
So not all that surprising that while the Nuggets brass prefers the promise of Derrick Favors and picks the Nuggets coach might prefer guys like Wilson Chandler and Danilo Galliari who can step in now.
According to Mark Spears at Yahoo, Nuggets coach George Karl does prefer the Knicks offer and is pushing the team to take it.
This is back to being a three-team deal now with the Timberwolves involved. The Nuggets would get Raymond Felton (who they likely would flip into another trade), Gallinari, Chandler, the Knicks 2014 first-round pick and Corey Brewer from Minnesota. The Knicks would get Anthony, Chauncey Billups Shelden Williams and Renaldo Balkman. Minnesota would get Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry’s expiring contract from the Knicks.
The Nuggets are pushing to get Timofey Mozgov from the Knicks as well, but the Knicks have balked at including one more player.
The Nets appear to be the odd team out, but they say they remain confident about making a deal. Of course they do.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 11
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 17
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 51
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22