Feb 21, 2011, 8:41 PM EST
Coaches often make the worst general managers. They are notoriously bad at structuring trades. Coaches fall in love with players they think give them the best chance of winning right now. GM’s need to think big picture.
So not all that surprising that while the Nuggets brass prefers the promise of Derrick Favors and picks the Nuggets coach might prefer guys like Wilson Chandler and Danilo Galliari who can step in now.
According to Mark Spears at Yahoo, Nuggets coach George Karl does prefer the Knicks offer and is pushing the team to take it.
This is back to being a three-team deal now with the Timberwolves involved. The Nuggets would get Raymond Felton (who they likely would flip into another trade), Gallinari, Chandler, the Knicks 2014 first-round pick and Corey Brewer from Minnesota. The Knicks would get Anthony, Chauncey Billups Shelden Williams and Renaldo Balkman. Minnesota would get Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry’s expiring contract from the Knicks.
The Nuggets are pushing to get Timofey Mozgov from the Knicks as well, but the Knicks have balked at including one more player.
The Nets appear to be the odd team out, but they say they remain confident about making a deal. Of course they do.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10