Feb 21, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
Joakim Noah told us this was the target date weeks ago, but now it is official.
Noah will return when the Bulls take on the Raptors Wednesday, coach Tom Thibodeau confirmed to ESPN Chicago. Nothing shocking here, but it’s not official.
The Bulls went 22-8 in the 30 games Noah sat out, but make no mistake they are not an elite team without him. Noah’s rebounding and energy on defense are things Kurt Thomas and Omer Asik cannot do as well or as consistently. Carlos Boozer is not near the help defender Noah is, nor can he stick with a scoring four as well.
We have yet to see the Bulls at full strength for an entire season, yet their record puts them flirting with the Celtics and Heat. We don’t know where the Bulls really are in comparison to those two. But finally the Bulls are healthy and we can find out heading into the playoffs.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron his shots despite good Celtics defense 0
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 18
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 26
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 65