Feb 21, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
Joakim Noah told us this was the target date weeks ago, but now it is official.
Noah will return when the Bulls take on the Raptors Wednesday, coach Tom Thibodeau confirmed to ESPN Chicago. Nothing shocking here, but it’s not official.
The Bulls went 22-8 in the 30 games Noah sat out, but make no mistake they are not an elite team without him. Noah’s rebounding and energy on defense are things Kurt Thomas and Omer Asik cannot do as well or as consistently. Carlos Boozer is not near the help defender Noah is, nor can he stick with a scoring four as well.
We have yet to see the Bulls at full strength for an entire season, yet their record puts them flirting with the Celtics and Heat. We don’t know where the Bulls really are in comparison to those two. But finally the Bulls are healthy and we can find out heading into the playoffs.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14