Feb 21, 2011, 7:05 PM EST
Joakim Noah told us this was the target date weeks ago, but now it is official.
Noah will return when the Bulls take on the Raptors Wednesday, coach Tom Thibodeau confirmed to ESPN Chicago. Nothing shocking here, but it’s not official.
The Bulls went 22-8 in the 30 games Noah sat out, but make no mistake they are not an elite team without him. Noah’s rebounding and energy on defense are things Kurt Thomas and Omer Asik cannot do as well or as consistently. Carlos Boozer is not near the help defender Noah is, nor can he stick with a scoring four as well.
We have yet to see the Bulls at full strength for an entire season, yet their record puts them flirting with the Celtics and Heat. We don’t know where the Bulls really are in comparison to those two. But finally the Bulls are healthy and we can find out heading into the playoffs.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday… he sold that short 3
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 11
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 17
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)