Feb 21, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
Joakim Noah told us this was the target date weeks ago, but now it is official.
Noah will return when the Bulls take on the Raptors Wednesday, coach Tom Thibodeau confirmed to ESPN Chicago. Nothing shocking here, but it’s not official.
The Bulls went 22-8 in the 30 games Noah sat out, but make no mistake they are not an elite team without him. Noah’s rebounding and energy on defense are things Kurt Thomas and Omer Asik cannot do as well or as consistently. Carlos Boozer is not near the help defender Noah is, nor can he stick with a scoring four as well.
We have yet to see the Bulls at full strength for an entire season, yet their record puts them flirting with the Celtics and Heat. We don’t know where the Bulls really are in comparison to those two. But finally the Bulls are healthy and we can find out heading into the playoffs.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61