Feb 21, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
With all the talking the Nets and Nuggets have done in the last few months, it seems only just that they should do some kind of trade anyway.
Sources say NJ in talks w/Den to send 2 1st round picks to Den for Mozgov & either Gallinari, Chandler or Felton, if Melo traded to NYK
This explains why the Nuggets are insistent that Timofey Mozgov be part of their Carmelo Anthony deal with the Knicks.
As much as the Nuggets coveted Favors, what always swung them to prefer the Nets offerings over the Knicks was the picks. Denver is going to be going into rebuilding mode, so the more first round picks the better (plus it helps keep costs down.
Anthony is expected to decide if he will sign an extension with the Nets today. Which is to say he is choosing where he wants to play by the end of the week.
But either way, look for Denver ad New Jersey to do a deal.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8