Feb 21, 2011, 1:42 PM EST
With all the talking the Nets and Nuggets have done in the last few months, it seems only just that they should do some kind of trade anyway.
Sources say NJ in talks w/Den to send 2 1st round picks to Den for Mozgov & either Gallinari, Chandler or Felton, if Melo traded to NYK
This explains why the Nuggets are insistent that Timofey Mozgov be part of their Carmelo Anthony deal with the Knicks.
As much as the Nuggets coveted Favors, what always swung them to prefer the Nets offerings over the Knicks was the picks. Denver is going to be going into rebuilding mode, so the more first round picks the better (plus it helps keep costs down.
Anthony is expected to decide if he will sign an extension with the Nets today. Which is to say he is choosing where he wants to play by the end of the week.
But either way, look for Denver ad New Jersey to do a deal.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)