Feb 21, 2011, 1:42 PM EST
With all the talking the Nets and Nuggets have done in the last few months, it seems only just that they should do some kind of trade anyway.
Sources say NJ in talks w/Den to send 2 1st round picks to Den for Mozgov & either Gallinari, Chandler or Felton, if Melo traded to NYK
This explains why the Nuggets are insistent that Timofey Mozgov be part of their Carmelo Anthony deal with the Knicks.
As much as the Nuggets coveted Favors, what always swung them to prefer the Nets offerings over the Knicks was the picks. Denver is going to be going into rebuilding mode, so the more first round picks the better (plus it helps keep costs down.
Anthony is expected to decide if he will sign an extension with the Nets today. Which is to say he is choosing where he wants to play by the end of the week.
But either way, look for Denver ad New Jersey to do a deal.
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 1
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 8
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 14
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 12
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 26
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12