Feb 21, 2011, 11:29 AM EDT
New Orleans Hornets backup point guard Jarrett Jack was arrested for a DUI Sunday morning (late Saturday night), according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Jack played his college ball at Georgia Tech and still lives in the Atlanta area in the off-season, and returned there during the All-Star break. The arrest took place in Gwinnett County, part of the greater Atlanta metropolitan region but not in the city proper.
Jack may have grounds to fight this based on what the police told the paper:
Because the police department’s Intoxilyzer was not working, Jack was given the test at the Gwinnett County Jail, according to (Snellville Police Chief Roy) Whitehead. Jack registered a .079 at 5:38 a.m., 90 minutes after the traffic stop, according to Whitehead.
“In general, alcohol dissipates from the system at approximately .02 grams per hour,” Whitehead wrote. “Therefore, he would have been over the limit of .08 at the time of the driving infraction.”
Jack could face punishment from the league as well.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 0
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 0
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 24
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15