Feb 21, 2011, 11:29 AM EST
New Orleans Hornets backup point guard Jarrett Jack was arrested for a DUI Sunday morning (late Saturday night), according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Jack played his college ball at Georgia Tech and still lives in the Atlanta area in the off-season, and returned there during the All-Star break. The arrest took place in Gwinnett County, part of the greater Atlanta metropolitan region but not in the city proper.
Jack may have grounds to fight this based on what the police told the paper:
Because the police department’s Intoxilyzer was not working, Jack was given the test at the Gwinnett County Jail, according to (Snellville Police Chief Roy) Whitehead. Jack registered a .079 at 5:38 a.m., 90 minutes after the traffic stop, according to Whitehead.
“In general, alcohol dissipates from the system at approximately .02 grams per hour,” Whitehead wrote. “Therefore, he would have been over the limit of .08 at the time of the driving infraction.”
Jack could face punishment from the league as well.
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 1
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)