Feb 21, 2011, 11:29 AM EST
New Orleans Hornets backup point guard Jarrett Jack was arrested for a DUI Sunday morning (late Saturday night), according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Jack played his college ball at Georgia Tech and still lives in the Atlanta area in the off-season, and returned there during the All-Star break. The arrest took place in Gwinnett County, part of the greater Atlanta metropolitan region but not in the city proper.
Jack may have grounds to fight this based on what the police told the paper:
Because the police department’s Intoxilyzer was not working, Jack was given the test at the Gwinnett County Jail, according to (Snellville Police Chief Roy) Whitehead. Jack registered a .079 at 5:38 a.m., 90 minutes after the traffic stop, according to Whitehead.
“In general, alcohol dissipates from the system at approximately .02 grams per hour,” Whitehead wrote. “Therefore, he would have been over the limit of .08 at the time of the driving infraction.”
Jack could face punishment from the league as well.
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 9
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 12
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18