Feb 21, 2011, 11:29 AM EDT
New Orleans Hornets backup point guard Jarrett Jack was arrested for a DUI Sunday morning (late Saturday night), according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Jack played his college ball at Georgia Tech and still lives in the Atlanta area in the off-season, and returned there during the All-Star break. The arrest took place in Gwinnett County, part of the greater Atlanta metropolitan region but not in the city proper.
Jack may have grounds to fight this based on what the police told the paper:
Because the police department’s Intoxilyzer was not working, Jack was given the test at the Gwinnett County Jail, according to (Snellville Police Chief Roy) Whitehead. Jack registered a .079 at 5:38 a.m., 90 minutes after the traffic stop, according to Whitehead.
“In general, alcohol dissipates from the system at approximately .02 grams per hour,” Whitehead wrote. “Therefore, he would have been over the limit of .08 at the time of the driving infraction.”
Jack could face punishment from the league as well.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23