Feb 21, 2011, 11:29 AM EST
New Orleans Hornets backup point guard Jarrett Jack was arrested for a DUI Sunday morning (late Saturday night), according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Jack played his college ball at Georgia Tech and still lives in the Atlanta area in the off-season, and returned there during the All-Star break. The arrest took place in Gwinnett County, part of the greater Atlanta metropolitan region but not in the city proper.
Jack may have grounds to fight this based on what the police told the paper:
Because the police department’s Intoxilyzer was not working, Jack was given the test at the Gwinnett County Jail, according to (Snellville Police Chief Roy) Whitehead. Jack registered a .079 at 5:38 a.m., 90 minutes after the traffic stop, according to Whitehead.
“In general, alcohol dissipates from the system at approximately .02 grams per hour,” Whitehead wrote. “Therefore, he would have been over the limit of .08 at the time of the driving infraction.”
Jack could face punishment from the league as well.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 26
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 2
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 29
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 36
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10