Feb 21, 2011, 11:29 AM EDT
New Orleans Hornets backup point guard Jarrett Jack was arrested for a DUI Sunday morning (late Saturday night), according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Jack played his college ball at Georgia Tech and still lives in the Atlanta area in the off-season, and returned there during the All-Star break. The arrest took place in Gwinnett County, part of the greater Atlanta metropolitan region but not in the city proper.
Jack may have grounds to fight this based on what the police told the paper:
Because the police department’s Intoxilyzer was not working, Jack was given the test at the Gwinnett County Jail, according to (Snellville Police Chief Roy) Whitehead. Jack registered a .079 at 5:38 a.m., 90 minutes after the traffic stop, according to Whitehead.
“In general, alcohol dissipates from the system at approximately .02 grams per hour,” Whitehead wrote. “Therefore, he would have been over the limit of .08 at the time of the driving infraction.”
Jack could face punishment from the league as well.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61