Feb 21, 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
Dwyane Wade left the All-Star Game in the third quarter with an ankle injury, never to return to the court.
Heat fans, you should… relax.
Wade himself said this was nothing serious after the game, as reported by ESPN’s Heat Index.
“It was an All-Star Game,” Wade said of his decision not to return. “If it were a regular game, I would have tied my shoes up a little tighter and gone back out there. But I didn’t want to do too much.”
Wade is expected to play Tuesday against Sacramento.
Wade injured the ankle on a third quarter play when he landed on the foot of Jazz point guard Deron Williams. Wade had been battling a sore ankle for a few games and this seemed to aggravate it. He grabbed his ankle and limped off the court, but was soon joking with teammates.
For people calling for a more serious All-Star Game with something on the line, this is the risk. What if fighting for home court in the finals Wade more seriously injured his ankle and had been out a couple weeks or longer? Would that be good for the league?
Wade finished with 14 points.
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 0
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 6
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?