Feb 20, 2011, 7:34 PM EDT
With Marquis Daniels out for an extended period, the Celtics are looking hard for someone to fill his shoes — a wing player off the bench who can give them a solid 15-20 minutes a night, a veteran who can hit some shots and not make too many mistakes.
The Chicago Bulls are looking for someone who can give them more solid minutes at the two, knock down some shots from range.
Someone like Rasual Butler. Well, someone like Rasual Butler has been in previous years.
According to Marc Spears at Yahoo, the Celtics, Bulls and Nets have interest in the Clippers wing man.
Butler is barely seeing the court with the Clippers right now, with a healthy Randy Foye and the emergence of Al-Farouq Aminu (and him needing lots of minutes to continue to develop). Butler also isn’t earning the minutes, shooting just 32.1 percent overall and 31.5 percent from three. Those numbers are well off the career averages for the 31 year old, if teams believe this is situational he may be able to respond to form and pitch in something.
If not, there’s no real risk — Butler is making $2.4 million this season in the last year of his deal.
The Clippers will take calls, but you need to give them something that they can use for the future. They’re not giving him away.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 33
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 69
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31