Feb 20, 2011, 7:34 PM EDT
With Marquis Daniels out for an extended period, the Celtics are looking hard for someone to fill his shoes — a wing player off the bench who can give them a solid 15-20 minutes a night, a veteran who can hit some shots and not make too many mistakes.
The Chicago Bulls are looking for someone who can give them more solid minutes at the two, knock down some shots from range.
Someone like Rasual Butler. Well, someone like Rasual Butler has been in previous years.
According to Marc Spears at Yahoo, the Celtics, Bulls and Nets have interest in the Clippers wing man.
Butler is barely seeing the court with the Clippers right now, with a healthy Randy Foye and the emergence of Al-Farouq Aminu (and him needing lots of minutes to continue to develop). Butler also isn’t earning the minutes, shooting just 32.1 percent overall and 31.5 percent from three. Those numbers are well off the career averages for the 31 year old, if teams believe this is situational he may be able to respond to form and pitch in something.
If not, there’s no real risk — Butler is making $2.4 million this season in the last year of his deal.
The Clippers will take calls, but you need to give them something that they can use for the future. They’re not giving him away.
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 2
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 20
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 76
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38