Feb 18, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Derrick Rose thrust himself into the middle of the MVP debate Thursday night dropping 42 on the San Antonio Spurs. Nobody had done that to the Spurs all season (which is why they have the best record in the NBA).
Rose came into the league with amazing athletic gifts, but he has developed a steady midrange game that needs to be respected, and he has become much better at drawing contact and getting to the free throw line (especially the last couple months).
Watch and be amazed.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34