Feb 18, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Derrick Rose thrust himself into the middle of the MVP debate Thursday night dropping 42 on the San Antonio Spurs. Nobody had done that to the Spurs all season (which is why they have the best record in the NBA).
Rose came into the league with amazing athletic gifts, but he has developed a steady midrange game that needs to be respected, and he has become much better at drawing contact and getting to the free throw line (especially the last couple months).
Watch and be amazed.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 53
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9