Feb 18, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Derrick Rose thrust himself into the middle of the MVP debate Thursday night dropping 42 on the San Antonio Spurs. Nobody had done that to the Spurs all season (which is why they have the best record in the NBA).
Rose came into the league with amazing athletic gifts, but he has developed a steady midrange game that needs to be respected, and he has become much better at drawing contact and getting to the free throw line (especially the last couple months).
Watch and be amazed.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 9
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3