Feb 18, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Derrick Rose thrust himself into the middle of the MVP debate Thursday night dropping 42 on the San Antonio Spurs. Nobody had done that to the Spurs all season (which is why they have the best record in the NBA).
Rose came into the league with amazing athletic gifts, but he has developed a steady midrange game that needs to be respected, and he has become much better at drawing contact and getting to the free throw line (especially the last couple months).
Watch and be amazed.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 22
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 34
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 26
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 56
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12