Feb 18, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Derrick Rose thrust himself into the middle of the MVP debate Thursday night dropping 42 on the San Antonio Spurs. Nobody had done that to the Spurs all season (which is why they have the best record in the NBA).
Rose came into the league with amazing athletic gifts, but he has developed a steady midrange game that needs to be respected, and he has become much better at drawing contact and getting to the free throw line (especially the last couple months).
Watch and be amazed.
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 43
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 37
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 79
- Report: Heat offer Chris Bosh full max contract to keep him from Rockets 26
- PBT Extra: LeBron James returns to Cleveland to try and cement legacy 17
- Deal set: Lakers trade for Jeremy Lin, which for L.A. is largely about draft pick (as is Gasol for Boozer idea) 36
- Carmelo Anthony still not ready to decide, but he needs to soon as options dry up 48
- Report: With LeBron James heading to Cleveland, Kevin Love would commit to Cavaliers long term if traded there 58