Feb 18, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
Now the Knicks have apparently put their offer on the table.
According to Mark Spears of Yahoo (via twitter) the Knicks have offered Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Eddy Curry’s expiring contract (and Curry too, we suppose) plus a to-be-acquired first rounder for Anthony, Chauncey Billups and filler.
Spears later added this:
Melo said after Rookie Game on Knicks updated offer to DEN: “Obviously they feel like they want me.”
Now it comes down to people making a choice.
That starts with Anthony.
The Nuggets still prefer the upside of Derrick Favors and the multiple draft picks of the Nets offer to what the Knicks have on the table. If Anthony meets with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov — he said this afternoon he knew of no plans for such a meeting — and is swayed then the Nuggets will consummate the deal with the Nets.
If no meeting and no approval of the Nets move takes place by ‘Melo, then it will be Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke who has to make a decision — will he accept the Knicks offer? Nuggets officials do not want to give Anthony what he wants — a $65 million extension and a trip to New York — but the alternative would be losing him this summer and getting nothing back. That price may be too steep, especially if one watches Cleveland and Toronto play this season.
The one thing everyone is saying around the All-Star Game festivities in Los Angeles — this is going to happen in the next few days. If not Sunday, then Monday. For one reason, everyone is ready for this to end. Plus Denver still will have other moves to make (J.R. Smith, Nene) so they will need a couple days.
Now we’re just waiting on somebody to — finally — make a decision.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32