Feb 18, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
Now the Knicks have apparently put their offer on the table.
According to Mark Spears of Yahoo (via twitter) the Knicks have offered Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Eddy Curry’s expiring contract (and Curry too, we suppose) plus a to-be-acquired first rounder for Anthony, Chauncey Billups and filler.
Spears later added this:
Melo said after Rookie Game on Knicks updated offer to DEN: “Obviously they feel like they want me.”
Now it comes down to people making a choice.
That starts with Anthony.
The Nuggets still prefer the upside of Derrick Favors and the multiple draft picks of the Nets offer to what the Knicks have on the table. If Anthony meets with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov — he said this afternoon he knew of no plans for such a meeting — and is swayed then the Nuggets will consummate the deal with the Nets.
If no meeting and no approval of the Nets move takes place by ‘Melo, then it will be Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke who has to make a decision — will he accept the Knicks offer? Nuggets officials do not want to give Anthony what he wants — a $65 million extension and a trip to New York — but the alternative would be losing him this summer and getting nothing back. That price may be too steep, especially if one watches Cleveland and Toronto play this season.
The one thing everyone is saying around the All-Star Game festivities in Los Angeles — this is going to happen in the next few days. If not Sunday, then Monday. For one reason, everyone is ready for this to end. Plus Denver still will have other moves to make (J.R. Smith, Nene) so they will need a couple days.
Now we’re just waiting on somebody to — finally — make a decision.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 5
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 11
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 14
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11