Feb 18, 2011, 1:43 PM EDT
If you’re Anthony Parker, you’re packing your bags with a smile on your face today. Because no matter how this goes down, you’re about to head from the worst team in the NBA to a contender.
Both the Celtics and Cavaliers are interested in picking up Parker, according to Marc Stein of ESPN:
The Celts, according to sources briefed on Boston’s thinking, have joined their conference rivals from Chicago in pursuit of Cavaliers swingman Anthony Parker.
The Celts covet an extra playoff-tested shooter/defender as much as the Bulls, with Marquis Daniels out indefinitely and Delonte West missing much of the season so far. Yet it remains to be seen whether either of the two teams is willing to meet Cleveland’s asking price
The Cavs are seeking a quality draft pick or a young big man with promise in exchange for Parker, who’s averaging 11.5 points and shooting 47 percent on 3-pointers in February.
The Bulls have a quality young big man in Omer Asik, and while we kind of like that swap Chicago seems more fond of Asik and his promise. The Cavs need picks (any picks), so they can’t afford to be too choosy here.
Either way, Parker is the winner here.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 4
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5