Feb 18, 2011, 1:43 PM EDT
If you’re Anthony Parker, you’re packing your bags with a smile on your face today. Because no matter how this goes down, you’re about to head from the worst team in the NBA to a contender.
Both the Celtics and Cavaliers are interested in picking up Parker, according to Marc Stein of ESPN:
The Celts, according to sources briefed on Boston’s thinking, have joined their conference rivals from Chicago in pursuit of Cavaliers swingman Anthony Parker.
The Celts covet an extra playoff-tested shooter/defender as much as the Bulls, with Marquis Daniels out indefinitely and Delonte West missing much of the season so far. Yet it remains to be seen whether either of the two teams is willing to meet Cleveland’s asking price
The Cavs are seeking a quality draft pick or a young big man with promise in exchange for Parker, who’s averaging 11.5 points and shooting 47 percent on 3-pointers in February.
The Bulls have a quality young big man in Omer Asik, and while we kind of like that swap Chicago seems more fond of Asik and his promise. The Cavs need picks (any picks), so they can’t afford to be too choosy here.
Either way, Parker is the winner here.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 40
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 39
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6