Feb 18, 2011, 1:43 PM EDT
If you’re Anthony Parker, you’re packing your bags with a smile on your face today. Because no matter how this goes down, you’re about to head from the worst team in the NBA to a contender.
Both the Celtics and Cavaliers are interested in picking up Parker, according to Marc Stein of ESPN:
The Celts, according to sources briefed on Boston’s thinking, have joined their conference rivals from Chicago in pursuit of Cavaliers swingman Anthony Parker.
The Celts covet an extra playoff-tested shooter/defender as much as the Bulls, with Marquis Daniels out indefinitely and Delonte West missing much of the season so far. Yet it remains to be seen whether either of the two teams is willing to meet Cleveland’s asking price
The Cavs are seeking a quality draft pick or a young big man with promise in exchange for Parker, who’s averaging 11.5 points and shooting 47 percent on 3-pointers in February.
The Bulls have a quality young big man in Omer Asik, and while we kind of like that swap Chicago seems more fond of Asik and his promise. The Cavs need picks (any picks), so they can’t afford to be too choosy here.
Either way, Parker is the winner here.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48