Feb 17, 2011, 12:27 PM EST
One play cannot sum up why the Cavaliers beat the Lakers Wednesday night, but this is pretty close.
Notice how hard Christian Eyenga is going to the rim. He want’s it. It’s been on-and-off in recent games, but there are nights the Cavaliers bring real energy and attack.
Also watch Kobe Bryant get beat on the perimeter like he wasn’t there after making a late closeout to the ball — all night long Lakers perimeter defenders were getting torched (see Ramon Session’s 32 points). Watch Pau Gasol‘s late and half-hearted defensive rotation. If you want excuses this was the fifth game is seven days for an older Lakers team that needs its rest, and it was the last game before the All-Star break and the last game of their road trip, so they took a mental vacation. Whatever. They didn’t show up and they got embarrassed.
Especially on this play, because Eyenga threw it down like a man. This is a fun highlight, but more than that this kid can flat out play.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 6
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 3
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 46
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45