Feb 17, 2011, 2:11 PM EST
Tyreke Evans has been battling plantar fasciitis — a foot condition where if feels like someone is ramming a knife into your heel with every step, something that tends to hamper you hoop game — all season long. He missed the Kings game Wednesday because the only real cure for this is rest.
Along those lines, Evans is going to skip the All-Star Rookie Challenge Friday night to rest his foot more.
In his place, James Harden will suit up for the West, bringing a little old man game to the young bucks showcase.
The All-Star Rookie Challenge starts at 9 p.m. Eastern and you can catch it on TNT.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15