Feb 17, 2011, 2:11 PM EDT
Tyreke Evans has been battling plantar fasciitis — a foot condition where if feels like someone is ramming a knife into your heel with every step, something that tends to hamper you hoop game — all season long. He missed the Kings game Wednesday because the only real cure for this is rest.
Along those lines, Evans is going to skip the All-Star Rookie Challenge Friday night to rest his foot more.
In his place, James Harden will suit up for the West, bringing a little old man game to the young bucks showcase.
The All-Star Rookie Challenge starts at 9 p.m. Eastern and you can catch it on TNT.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 11
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 23
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 63
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65