Feb 17, 2011, 2:11 PM EST
Tyreke Evans has been battling plantar fasciitis — a foot condition where if feels like someone is ramming a knife into your heel with every step, something that tends to hamper you hoop game — all season long. He missed the Kings game Wednesday because the only real cure for this is rest.
Along those lines, Evans is going to skip the All-Star Rookie Challenge Friday night to rest his foot more.
In his place, James Harden will suit up for the West, bringing a little old man game to the young bucks showcase.
The All-Star Rookie Challenge starts at 9 p.m. Eastern and you can catch it on TNT.
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 5
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 13
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)