Feb 17, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
The New Jersey Nets have not been all that happy with Devin Harris of late. I’m not sure they should be — statistically he’s playing better than last season and this is what you get out of him most years. His points per game may be down (especially of late) but he is shooting less and hitting more and his assist percentage is up. But they say that since the last round of Nuggets trade rumors when Harris was on the block, he has been less committed to the team.
Well, now he’s back on the block. According to All Iannazzone of the Bergen Record the Nets and Trail Blazers are talking about a point guard swap that would bring Andre Miller to the East Coast.
The Nets and Blazers have exchanged trade proposals and still are discussing a deal. Harris and veteran point guard Andre Miller are the main pieces, but more players are involved, multiple NBA sources said.
It’s doubtful the Nets will trade Harris, who turns 28 in two weeks, straight up for Miller, who turns 35 next month. The Nets want to expand the trade and are trying to include disappointing free-agent signing Travis Outlaw, who began his career in Portland. The Blazers are interested in shooting guard Anthony Morrow.
Also discussed have been Rudy Fernandez and Joel Przybilla, according to the report.
There’s one big hold up — Harris still could be needed as part of a Carmelo Anthony deal. If the Nets and Nuggets decide that Chauncey Billups is headed to New Jersey in this trade (if it happens), then Harris almost certainly would be feeling Rocky mountain high (Colorado… you can thank me later for getting John Denver stuck in your head).
One way or another, it sounds like New Jersey is serious about moving Harris.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20