Feb 17, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
The New Jersey Nets have not been all that happy with Devin Harris of late. I’m not sure they should be — statistically he’s playing better than last season and this is what you get out of him most years. His points per game may be down (especially of late) but he is shooting less and hitting more and his assist percentage is up. But they say that since the last round of Nuggets trade rumors when Harris was on the block, he has been less committed to the team.
Well, now he’s back on the block. According to All Iannazzone of the Bergen Record the Nets and Trail Blazers are talking about a point guard swap that would bring Andre Miller to the East Coast.
The Nets and Blazers have exchanged trade proposals and still are discussing a deal. Harris and veteran point guard Andre Miller are the main pieces, but more players are involved, multiple NBA sources said.
It’s doubtful the Nets will trade Harris, who turns 28 in two weeks, straight up for Miller, who turns 35 next month. The Nets want to expand the trade and are trying to include disappointing free-agent signing Travis Outlaw, who began his career in Portland. The Blazers are interested in shooting guard Anthony Morrow.
Also discussed have been Rudy Fernandez and Joel Przybilla, according to the report.
There’s one big hold up — Harris still could be needed as part of a Carmelo Anthony deal. If the Nets and Nuggets decide that Chauncey Billups is headed to New Jersey in this trade (if it happens), then Harris almost certainly would be feeling Rocky mountain high (Colorado… you can thank me later for getting John Denver stuck in your head).
One way or another, it sounds like New Jersey is serious about moving Harris.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 17
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 25
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2