Feb 17, 2011, 5:52 PM EST
Well, it’s can’t get worse reviews than Spiderman the Musical.
The NBA is teaming up with Eric Simonson and the team that has brought “Lombardi” to Broadway to produce “Magic/Bird,” reports the Chicago Tribune.
Just as “Lombardi” was produced with the help of National Football League, “Magic/Bird” will have the backing of the National Basketball Association. Bird and Johnson will also participate in Simonson’s new project, scheduled to debut on Broadway in 2012.
The makings of a good play are certainly there — if you don’t know the story go see HBO’s “Magic & Bird: A Courtship of Rivals.” Now. It is fantastic. Anyway, what you need for a good play is drama — conflict — and characters that strive and have to grow and achieve at a higher level to overcome an obstacle. This story has all that (over and over). Plus Lakers vs. Celtics. Sounds good to me.
Twitter caught fire Wednesday with people trying to think up casting for the play. I admit my idea of James Gandolfini as Bird may not really work. If you want to play casting supervisor put your suggestions in the comments.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 17
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11