Feb 17, 2011, 5:52 PM EST
Well, it’s can’t get worse reviews than Spiderman the Musical.
The NBA is teaming up with Eric Simonson and the team that has brought “Lombardi” to Broadway to produce “Magic/Bird,” reports the Chicago Tribune.
Just as “Lombardi” was produced with the help of National Football League, “Magic/Bird” will have the backing of the National Basketball Association. Bird and Johnson will also participate in Simonson’s new project, scheduled to debut on Broadway in 2012.
The makings of a good play are certainly there — if you don’t know the story go see HBO’s “Magic & Bird: A Courtship of Rivals.” Now. It is fantastic. Anyway, what you need for a good play is drama — conflict — and characters that strive and have to grow and achieve at a higher level to overcome an obstacle. This story has all that (over and over). Plus Lakers vs. Celtics. Sounds good to me.
Twitter caught fire Wednesday with people trying to think up casting for the play. I admit my idea of James Gandolfini as Bird may not really work. If you want to play casting supervisor put your suggestions in the comments.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7