Feb 17, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Today Michael Jordan turns 48. I’m not sure why Michael Jordan’s birthday is not a national holiday yet, but according to the suits at NBC who are forcing me to work today it is not. Whatever.
To celebrate, let’s hop in the way back machine (courtesy NBA TV) and check out some highlights from early on in MJ’s career. It may not be the best video quality ever, but we blame the 1980s for that. Everything was fuzzy then.
Enjoy. Happy birthday MJ. And thanks for the memories.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 12
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 13
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7