Feb 17, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
Today Michael Jordan turns 48. I’m not sure why Michael Jordan’s birthday is not a national holiday yet, but according to the suits at NBC who are forcing me to work today it is not. Whatever.
To celebrate, let’s hop in the way back machine (courtesy NBA TV) and check out some highlights from early on in MJ’s career. It may not be the best video quality ever, but we blame the 1980s for that. Everything was fuzzy then.
Enjoy. Happy birthday MJ. And thanks for the memories.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6