Feb 17, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Today Michael Jordan turns 48. I’m not sure why Michael Jordan’s birthday is not a national holiday yet, but according to the suits at NBC who are forcing me to work today it is not. Whatever.
To celebrate, let’s hop in the way back machine (courtesy NBA TV) and check out some highlights from early on in MJ’s career. It may not be the best video quality ever, but we blame the 1980s for that. Everything was fuzzy then.
Enjoy. Happy birthday MJ. And thanks for the memories.
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 0
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 7
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 20