Feb 17, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Today Michael Jordan turns 48. I’m not sure why Michael Jordan’s birthday is not a national holiday yet, but according to the suits at NBC who are forcing me to work today it is not. Whatever.
To celebrate, let’s hop in the way back machine (courtesy NBA TV) and check out some highlights from early on in MJ’s career. It may not be the best video quality ever, but we blame the 1980s for that. Everything was fuzzy then.
Enjoy. Happy birthday MJ. And thanks for the memories.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15