Feb 17, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
Today Michael Jordan turns 48. I’m not sure why Michael Jordan’s birthday is not a national holiday yet, but according to the suits at NBC who are forcing me to work today it is not. Whatever.
To celebrate, let’s hop in the way back machine (courtesy NBA TV) and check out some highlights from early on in MJ’s career. It may not be the best video quality ever, but we blame the 1980s for that. Everything was fuzzy then.
Enjoy. Happy birthday MJ. And thanks for the memories.
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 32
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 17
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6