Feb 16, 2011, 10:35 PM EDT
If you don’t have a tween daughter — and if not be so, so thankful about that — then you don’t have to deal with Biebermania. As in Justin Bieber. You know, the guy you fast-forwarded through a performance of at the Grammys. (You do DVR the Grammys and get through them in an hour tops, right?)
If you’re not tied in to all things Bieber (he’s playing in the NBA Celebrity All-Star Game Friday in Los Angeles, be sure to check out his crossover) you may not know about the stir when he went on Jimmy Kimmel Live last week and they pretended to shave his hair. Then he did the final segment wearing a bald cap so it looked like they had done it. Bieber nation freaked out.
Over at Ball Don’t Lie they watched the segment — I’m not going to ask why, for I fear the answer — but they noticed something odd. Check it out what number the Michael Jordan statue is wearing.
Yes, you’re right. MJ was 23 (and 45 for a while, but we choose not to think about those days) but he was never a 32.
Who goofed? I’ve got to know.
Well, there are conspiracy theories — BDL suggests secret love for Will Perdue — but I’m partial to the dyslexic sculptor theory. And, apparently there are similar such misnumbered statues in Puerto Rico and Dubai.
Of course the real question is why is there a life-size MJ statue at a mall in Dubai? I don’t think I want to know the answer to that one, either.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 20
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 37
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 8
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2