Feb 16, 2011, 1:55 PM EDT
This is America, you can bet on anything. Well, not legally (unless you are in Vegas) but there are ways. And when you do remember that The King’s Speech is going to win the best picture Oscar.
But this is a basketball blog, so we’ll talk about the All-Star Game Sunday in Los Angeles. You can bet on anything there, too. Check out the odds at Bodog for the All-Star Game MVP:
James and Bryant should be favorites. But the thing about MVP of the game is it comes down to the guy who walks into the building and decides he wants to be MVP — nobody is playing any defense and every guy on both rosters is capable of taking over the game. It’s about who demands the ball and decides to go for it.
For that reason, Rose is a good bet, he wants to establish himself (and his MVP candidacy). I also might take Carmelo Anthony at 10-1. He’s been chasing shots and points all over Denver the past few weeks, he might just carry that over to the All-Star Game to let the Knicks fans know what they are getting.
Some other odds via Bodog:
Odds for player to score first: Dwight Howard (9/2), Kevin Durant (5/1), LeBron James (11/2), Carmelo Anthony (6/1), and Dwyane Wade (6/1). (The only bad bet here is Yao Ming.)
Odds to win the three-point contest: Ray Allen (2/1), Paul Pierce (3/1), Kevin Durant (4/1), Dorell Wright (9/2), Daniel Gibson (5/1), and James Jones (11/2). (How is Kevin Durant 4/1? Has anyone looked at his three-point percentage in comparison to everyone else? He should not even be in this.)
We don’t encourage gambling. But it might be the only thing that makes the skills competition and celebrity game interesting.
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 0
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 14
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 15
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32