Feb 16, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
The Miami Heat’s Mike Miller had three blows to the head in five days, one in each of the Heat’s last three games.
The good news is, a CT scan and other tests showed no damage according to the Associated Press. He was released from an Indiana hospital.
Miller asked to join the team for a game Wednesday night in Toronto but the team told him to head back to Miami and get some rest.
Tuesday night Miller was felled with an inadvertent Jeff Foster elbow during the third quarter (he left the game at that point). Last Sunday he ran smack into a hard screen by Kevin Garnett. Two days before that he took a blow to the head against the Pistons and was under observation by the Heat medical staff after the game. Miller has had a history of concussion issues and wears a special mouthpiece to help protect him.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11