Feb 16, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
The Miami Heat’s Mike Miller had three blows to the head in five days, one in each of the Heat’s last three games.
The good news is, a CT scan and other tests showed no damage according to the Associated Press. He was released from an Indiana hospital.
Miller asked to join the team for a game Wednesday night in Toronto but the team told him to head back to Miami and get some rest.
Tuesday night Miller was felled with an inadvertent Jeff Foster elbow during the third quarter (he left the game at that point). Last Sunday he ran smack into a hard screen by Kevin Garnett. Two days before that he took a blow to the head against the Pistons and was under observation by the Heat medical staff after the game. Miller has had a history of concussion issues and wears a special mouthpiece to help protect him.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11