Feb 16, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
The Miami Heat’s Mike Miller had three blows to the head in five days, one in each of the Heat’s last three games.
The good news is, a CT scan and other tests showed no damage according to the Associated Press. He was released from an Indiana hospital.
Miller asked to join the team for a game Wednesday night in Toronto but the team told him to head back to Miami and get some rest.
Tuesday night Miller was felled with an inadvertent Jeff Foster elbow during the third quarter (he left the game at that point). Last Sunday he ran smack into a hard screen by Kevin Garnett. Two days before that he took a blow to the head against the Pistons and was under observation by the Heat medical staff after the game. Miller has had a history of concussion issues and wears a special mouthpiece to help protect him.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29