Feb 16, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
The Miami Heat’s Mike Miller had three blows to the head in five days, one in each of the Heat’s last three games.
The good news is, a CT scan and other tests showed no damage according to the Associated Press. He was released from an Indiana hospital.
Miller asked to join the team for a game Wednesday night in Toronto but the team told him to head back to Miami and get some rest.
Tuesday night Miller was felled with an inadvertent Jeff Foster elbow during the third quarter (he left the game at that point). Last Sunday he ran smack into a hard screen by Kevin Garnett. Two days before that he took a blow to the head against the Pistons and was under observation by the Heat medical staff after the game. Miller has had a history of concussion issues and wears a special mouthpiece to help protect him.
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 1
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 5
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 5
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2