Feb 16, 2011, 4:53 PM EDT
The Bulls are happy with themselves just the way they are, in a Stuart Smalley kind of way — they’re good enough, they’re smart enough, and doggone it, people like them.
Sure, they could use an upgrade at the two, they know that, but they are not about to make a move that could damage the good chemistry in the locker room now, according to Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo. That may well rule out the best two guard on the market, J.R. Smith out of Denver.
The Chicago Bulls are still making calls on J.R. Smith to solve their shooting guard issues, but red flags on Smith’s character have made the Bulls cautious. “They just don’t want to mess that locker room up,” one source with knowledge of the talks said. “The Bulls have too good of a [locker] room right now.”
The other problem is the cost to get a two. Anthony Parker and Courtney Lee are out there, but the price other teams ask likely would be young center Omer Asik. And the Bulls have balked at that price already.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 31
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5