Feb 16, 2011, 4:53 PM EDT
The Bulls are happy with themselves just the way they are, in a Stuart Smalley kind of way — they’re good enough, they’re smart enough, and doggone it, people like them.
Sure, they could use an upgrade at the two, they know that, but they are not about to make a move that could damage the good chemistry in the locker room now, according to Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo. That may well rule out the best two guard on the market, J.R. Smith out of Denver.
The Chicago Bulls are still making calls on J.R. Smith to solve their shooting guard issues, but red flags on Smith’s character have made the Bulls cautious. “They just don’t want to mess that locker room up,” one source with knowledge of the talks said. “The Bulls have too good of a [locker] room right now.”
The other problem is the cost to get a two. Anthony Parker and Courtney Lee are out there, but the price other teams ask likely would be young center Omer Asik. And the Bulls have balked at that price already.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16