Feb 16, 2011, 4:53 PM EDT
The Bulls are happy with themselves just the way they are, in a Stuart Smalley kind of way — they’re good enough, they’re smart enough, and doggone it, people like them.
Sure, they could use an upgrade at the two, they know that, but they are not about to make a move that could damage the good chemistry in the locker room now, according to Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo. That may well rule out the best two guard on the market, J.R. Smith out of Denver.
The Chicago Bulls are still making calls on J.R. Smith to solve their shooting guard issues, but red flags on Smith’s character have made the Bulls cautious. “They just don’t want to mess that locker room up,” one source with knowledge of the talks said. “The Bulls have too good of a [locker] room right now.”
The other problem is the cost to get a two. Anthony Parker and Courtney Lee are out there, but the price other teams ask likely would be young center Omer Asik. And the Bulls have balked at that price already.
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 0
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 4
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 14
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 45
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 13
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63