Feb 16, 2011, 4:53 PM EDT
The Bulls are happy with themselves just the way they are, in a Stuart Smalley kind of way — they’re good enough, they’re smart enough, and doggone it, people like them.
Sure, they could use an upgrade at the two, they know that, but they are not about to make a move that could damage the good chemistry in the locker room now, according to Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo. That may well rule out the best two guard on the market, J.R. Smith out of Denver.
The Chicago Bulls are still making calls on J.R. Smith to solve their shooting guard issues, but red flags on Smith’s character have made the Bulls cautious. “They just don’t want to mess that locker room up,” one source with knowledge of the talks said. “The Bulls have too good of a [locker] room right now.”
The other problem is the cost to get a two. Anthony Parker and Courtney Lee are out there, but the price other teams ask likely would be young center Omer Asik. And the Bulls have balked at that price already.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 16
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 26
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 29
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30