Feb 16, 2011, 4:53 PM EST
The Bulls are happy with themselves just the way they are, in a Stuart Smalley kind of way — they’re good enough, they’re smart enough, and doggone it, people like them.
Sure, they could use an upgrade at the two, they know that, but they are not about to make a move that could damage the good chemistry in the locker room now, according to Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo. That may well rule out the best two guard on the market, J.R. Smith out of Denver.
The Chicago Bulls are still making calls on J.R. Smith to solve their shooting guard issues, but red flags on Smith’s character have made the Bulls cautious. “They just don’t want to mess that locker room up,” one source with knowledge of the talks said. “The Bulls have too good of a [locker] room right now.”
The other problem is the cost to get a two. Anthony Parker and Courtney Lee are out there, but the price other teams ask likely would be young center Omer Asik. And the Bulls have balked at that price already.
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 2
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35