Winderman: Bosh ready for anything in return to Toronto

Feb 15, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT

Chris Bosh

Now comes Chris Bosh‘s turn.

Two months after LeBron James received his enraged embrace upon his post-free-agency return to Cleveland, Bosh gets his turn Wednesday in Toronto.

Amid talk of Raptors fans giving him the Vince Carter treatment (security remains beefed up to this day whenever Vince heads north of the border) and Raptors players talking of putting Bosh on the ground, Bosh remains hopeful of his better days with the Raptors driving the emotions at Air Canada Centre.

“But, at the end of the day, I’m on another team, so that could go a lot of ways,” the Heat forward said Tuesday. “I just have to be ready for anything.”

LeBron seconded that notion.

“He’s seen what I went through Dec. 2,” he said. “He should be prepared. First of all, it would not be as bad as it was for me, for him. But he can expect boos, expect a little hatred from ‘em, the fans giving it to him. As teammates, we’ll be there for him.”

James doesn’t see Bosh evoking the same visceral response.

“Chris is a great guy, is very laid back, and I’ve probably never seen people get on him about anything, because he kind of stays to himself,” he said. “He’s not someone that gets in people’s business. We’ll see.”

Like LeBron, Bosh said there are no regrets about his career path.

“I don’t regret anything, because, at the end of the day, I’ve never said anything bad about the city or the organization, and I’ve never felt bad about it,” he said. “Sometimes there’s no good way to separate, or move on.

“You just have to put the past behind you. At no time did I feel that I said anything degrading or bad or acted uncivilized or anything like that. So I’m pretty happy with the way things are.”

If anything, if might be Bosh who arrives with the grudge, after Raptors President Bryan Colangelo accused him of checking out on the team amid a spate of injuries last season.

“It’s disappointing,” Bosh said of that aspect of the return, “I mean, because you know what you did and you know it’s a hard job to play every night, especially with the things that I was dealing with at the time. It was very tough. It was very tough.

“But I came, I competed every night I was out the court when I was healthy. Even when I wasn’t 100 percent, I still went out there and gave it my all. With me knowing that, I don’t have to worry about what other people say. I know good and well what I did and I would never, ever check out of anything.”

Ira Winderman writes regularly for NBCSports.com and covers the Heat and the NBA for the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. You can follow him on Twitter at http://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat.

1. d57fan - Feb 15, 2011 at 4:21 PM

No one who puts Bosh in the same category as James or even Carter has any credibility. Bosh is the most overrated player in the league and has benefited from playing in the EC more than anyone. No one in Toronto cares that much about him because he didn’t make the team better, didn’t win and was an arrogant wimp.
    At least Carter was exciting. LeBron is in an entirely different class and everyone but Bosh’s PR shills (ie the HEAT) know that.
    The worst thing that could have happened to the Raptors is to have signed Bosh to a 6 year $120 million deal right before the new CBA. Everyone in Toronto knows that and they will only boo him because he’s a pretentious bore and it’s what the idiots in Toronto do.

2. mikeinthevine - Feb 15, 2011 at 8:54 PM

You two clowns will be in the same place as you were last year, sitting at home watching the finals on TV.

3. hnirobert3 - Feb 16, 2011 at 7:38 AM

I think his return to Toronto will be more in line with Boozer returning to Utah than Carter returning to Toronto. Some boos but that’s about it. Nothing crazy.

4. Chris Ross - Feb 16, 2011 at 4:02 PM

I really hope that the Raptor fans don’t boo Chris Bosh when he returns to the ACC tonight. I am all for the booing of guys like Carter and Turkoglu, but that’s because those guys didn’t put in their full effort when they were in Toronto. It was unfair to the franchise what those guys did to the Raptor organization, but Bosh wasn’t one of those guys. He was a fan favourite up until the day he left and just because he chose to go elsewhere, which is his right as a free agent is no reason to boo him.

5. henryd3rd - Feb 16, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Toronto’s weather -Mostly Cloudy / 41°F / Feels Like: 38°
    Miami’s weather -74°F / Feels Like: 74°

Nuff Said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches