Feb 15, 2011, 6:51 PM EDT
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the Charlotte Bobcats are set to give Paul Silas a one-year extension:
The Charlotte Bobcats are finalizing a one-year contract extension with Paul Silas that will keep him as coach through the 2011-12 season, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
After replacing Larry Brown on Dec. 22, Silas has gone 15-12 as Bobcats coach and beaten the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers in the past week. The Bobcats are 24-31 overall and 1½ games behind the surging Indiana Pacers for the eight playoff seed in the Eastern Conference.
The Bobcats have certainly shown much more life under Silas than they did under Larry Brown this season, and their decisive win over the Lakers was something of a statement game for Charlotte. Silas has done a wonderful job in his first 27 games with the Bobcats. Now we’ll get to see what he’ll be able to do over the course of a full season.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 9
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 24
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 8
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 102
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (102)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'