Feb 15, 2011, 11:59 PM EDT
Tuesday night, for the third consecutive game, Miami’s Mike Miller took a blow to the head.
Tuesday night it was an inadvertent Jeff Foster elbow during the third quarter (he left the game at that point). Last Sunday he was dazed after running into a hard screen by Kevin Garnett. Two days before that, on Friday, he took a blow to the head against the Pistons and was under observation by the Heat medical staff after the game.
Tuesday’s third blow in as many games was of enough concern to the Heat that Miller left Conseco Fieldhouse in a wheelchair and was taken to a local hospital, according to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel. Miller did not accompany the Heat to Toronto where they play Wednesday night.
Miller has had concussion symptoms previously in his career and wears a special mouthpiece because of it.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 0
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18