Feb 15, 2011, 11:59 PM EST
Tuesday night, for the third consecutive game, Miami’s Mike Miller took a blow to the head.
Tuesday night it was an inadvertent Jeff Foster elbow during the third quarter (he left the game at that point). Last Sunday he was dazed after running into a hard screen by Kevin Garnett. Two days before that, on Friday, he took a blow to the head against the Pistons and was under observation by the Heat medical staff after the game.
Tuesday’s third blow in as many games was of enough concern to the Heat that Miller left Conseco Fieldhouse in a wheelchair and was taken to a local hospital, according to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel. Miller did not accompany the Heat to Toronto where they play Wednesday night.
Miller has had concussion symptoms previously in his career and wears a special mouthpiece because of it.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5