Feb 15, 2011, 11:59 PM EDT
Tuesday night, for the third consecutive game, Miami’s Mike Miller took a blow to the head.
Tuesday night it was an inadvertent Jeff Foster elbow during the third quarter (he left the game at that point). Last Sunday he was dazed after running into a hard screen by Kevin Garnett. Two days before that, on Friday, he took a blow to the head against the Pistons and was under observation by the Heat medical staff after the game.
Tuesday’s third blow in as many games was of enough concern to the Heat that Miller left Conseco Fieldhouse in a wheelchair and was taken to a local hospital, according to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel. Miller did not accompany the Heat to Toronto where they play Wednesday night.
Miller has had concussion symptoms previously in his career and wears a special mouthpiece because of it.
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 0
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 6
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 18
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63