Feb 15, 2011, 11:59 PM EDT
Tuesday night, for the third consecutive game, Miami’s Mike Miller took a blow to the head.
Tuesday night it was an inadvertent Jeff Foster elbow during the third quarter (he left the game at that point). Last Sunday he was dazed after running into a hard screen by Kevin Garnett. Two days before that, on Friday, he took a blow to the head against the Pistons and was under observation by the Heat medical staff after the game.
Tuesday’s third blow in as many games was of enough concern to the Heat that Miller left Conseco Fieldhouse in a wheelchair and was taken to a local hospital, according to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel. Miller did not accompany the Heat to Toronto where they play Wednesday night.
Miller has had concussion symptoms previously in his career and wears a special mouthpiece because of it.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 25
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18