Feb 15, 2011, 11:59 PM EDT
Tuesday night, for the third consecutive game, Miami’s Mike Miller took a blow to the head.
Tuesday night it was an inadvertent Jeff Foster elbow during the third quarter (he left the game at that point). Last Sunday he was dazed after running into a hard screen by Kevin Garnett. Two days before that, on Friday, he took a blow to the head against the Pistons and was under observation by the Heat medical staff after the game.
Tuesday’s third blow in as many games was of enough concern to the Heat that Miller left Conseco Fieldhouse in a wheelchair and was taken to a local hospital, according to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel. Miller did not accompany the Heat to Toronto where they play Wednesday night.
Miller has had concussion symptoms previously in his career and wears a special mouthpiece because of it.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 10
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 36
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 39
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17