Feb 15, 2011, 12:06 PM EDT
Back while we were still all doing our Christmas shopping, the Memphis Grizzlies let it be known that Hasheem Thabeet was on the market.
Two months later, he can still be yours. Still at a low, low price.
Second-year center Hasheem Thabeet remains the only piece Griz management is including in aggressive trade talks.
Thabeet cannot get on the floor for serious minutes in Memphis, and it’s going to be hard to find a team willing to give up any quality in this exchange for a guy they would have to develop (the Grizzlies have given up on that). Thabeet has regressed to the point of shooting 42.1 percent this season and has a PER of 4.3. That kind of number that usually means the D-League doesn’t have much interest in you.
By the way, if you want to know why the Grizzlies are good but seem kind of stuck in the middle, it’s the drafting of O.J. Mayo (sent to the bench) at No. 3 and then Thabeet. That’s two top five picks giving them Grizzlies limited production. It’s hard to build that way.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 9
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15