Feb 15, 2011, 12:06 PM EDT
Back while we were still all doing our Christmas shopping, the Memphis Grizzlies let it be known that Hasheem Thabeet was on the market.
Two months later, he can still be yours. Still at a low, low price.
Second-year center Hasheem Thabeet remains the only piece Griz management is including in aggressive trade talks.
Thabeet cannot get on the floor for serious minutes in Memphis, and it’s going to be hard to find a team willing to give up any quality in this exchange for a guy they would have to develop (the Grizzlies have given up on that). Thabeet has regressed to the point of shooting 42.1 percent this season and has a PER of 4.3. That kind of number that usually means the D-League doesn’t have much interest in you.
By the way, if you want to know why the Grizzlies are good but seem kind of stuck in the middle, it’s the drafting of O.J. Mayo (sent to the bench) at No. 3 and then Thabeet. That’s two top five picks giving them Grizzlies limited production. It’s hard to build that way.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 45
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4