Feb 15, 2011, 12:06 PM EDT
Back while we were still all doing our Christmas shopping, the Memphis Grizzlies let it be known that Hasheem Thabeet was on the market.
Two months later, he can still be yours. Still at a low, low price.
Second-year center Hasheem Thabeet remains the only piece Griz management is including in aggressive trade talks.
Thabeet cannot get on the floor for serious minutes in Memphis, and it’s going to be hard to find a team willing to give up any quality in this exchange for a guy they would have to develop (the Grizzlies have given up on that). Thabeet has regressed to the point of shooting 42.1 percent this season and has a PER of 4.3. That kind of number that usually means the D-League doesn’t have much interest in you.
By the way, if you want to know why the Grizzlies are good but seem kind of stuck in the middle, it’s the drafting of O.J. Mayo (sent to the bench) at No. 3 and then Thabeet. That’s two top five picks giving them Grizzlies limited production. It’s hard to build that way.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 4
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million