Feb 15, 2011, 12:06 PM EDT
Back while we were still all doing our Christmas shopping, the Memphis Grizzlies let it be known that Hasheem Thabeet was on the market.
Two months later, he can still be yours. Still at a low, low price.
Second-year center Hasheem Thabeet remains the only piece Griz management is including in aggressive trade talks.
Thabeet cannot get on the floor for serious minutes in Memphis, and it’s going to be hard to find a team willing to give up any quality in this exchange for a guy they would have to develop (the Grizzlies have given up on that). Thabeet has regressed to the point of shooting 42.1 percent this season and has a PER of 4.3. That kind of number that usually means the D-League doesn’t have much interest in you.
By the way, if you want to know why the Grizzlies are good but seem kind of stuck in the middle, it’s the drafting of O.J. Mayo (sent to the bench) at No. 3 and then Thabeet. That’s two top five picks giving them Grizzlies limited production. It’s hard to build that way.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13