Feb 15, 2011, 12:06 PM EST
Back while we were still all doing our Christmas shopping, the Memphis Grizzlies let it be known that Hasheem Thabeet was on the market.
Two months later, he can still be yours. Still at a low, low price.
Second-year center Hasheem Thabeet remains the only piece Griz management is including in aggressive trade talks.
Thabeet cannot get on the floor for serious minutes in Memphis, and it’s going to be hard to find a team willing to give up any quality in this exchange for a guy they would have to develop (the Grizzlies have given up on that). Thabeet has regressed to the point of shooting 42.1 percent this season and has a PER of 4.3. That kind of number that usually means the D-League doesn’t have much interest in you.
By the way, if you want to know why the Grizzlies are good but seem kind of stuck in the middle, it’s the drafting of O.J. Mayo (sent to the bench) at No. 3 and then Thabeet. That’s two top five picks giving them Grizzlies limited production. It’s hard to build that way.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10