Feb 14, 2011, 3:09 PM EDT
Blakely adds that Pierce is expected to play Wednesday against the Nets despite the injuries.
Before you ask if he can just take the All-Star Game off to rest all weekend, know that the league frowns upon guys who play Wednesday then suddenly are to hurt to play in the All-Star Game, then have a miraculous recovery. And by frowns we mean fines and worse to make you play. Guys in black suits and sunglasses suddenly at your door frowns. You do not mess with the NBA’s marketing apparatus.
Good news for the Celtics, however that it is nothing serious.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 0
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 10
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 17
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8