Feb 14, 2011, 3:09 PM EST
Blakely adds that Pierce is expected to play Wednesday against the Nets despite the injuries.
Before you ask if he can just take the All-Star Game off to rest all weekend, know that the league frowns upon guys who play Wednesday then suddenly are to hurt to play in the All-Star Game, then have a miraculous recovery. And by frowns we mean fines and worse to make you play. Guys in black suits and sunglasses suddenly at your door frowns. You do not mess with the NBA’s marketing apparatus.
Good news for the Celtics, however that it is nothing serious.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 3
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 16
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12