Feb 14, 2011, 3:09 PM EST
Blakely adds that Pierce is expected to play Wednesday against the Nets despite the injuries.
Before you ask if he can just take the All-Star Game off to rest all weekend, know that the league frowns upon guys who play Wednesday then suddenly are to hurt to play in the All-Star Game, then have a miraculous recovery. And by frowns we mean fines and worse to make you play. Guys in black suits and sunglasses suddenly at your door frowns. You do not mess with the NBA’s marketing apparatus.
Good news for the Celtics, however that it is nothing serious.
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 0
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 2
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 9
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 10
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 23
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)