Feb 14, 2011, 3:09 PM EDT
Blakely adds that Pierce is expected to play Wednesday against the Nets despite the injuries.
Before you ask if he can just take the All-Star Game off to rest all weekend, know that the league frowns upon guys who play Wednesday then suddenly are to hurt to play in the All-Star Game, then have a miraculous recovery. And by frowns we mean fines and worse to make you play. Guys in black suits and sunglasses suddenly at your door frowns. You do not mess with the NBA’s marketing apparatus.
Good news for the Celtics, however that it is nothing serious.
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 6
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 9
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 24
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 15
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement