Feb 14, 2011, 3:09 PM EDT
Blakely adds that Pierce is expected to play Wednesday against the Nets despite the injuries.
Before you ask if he can just take the All-Star Game off to rest all weekend, know that the league frowns upon guys who play Wednesday then suddenly are to hurt to play in the All-Star Game, then have a miraculous recovery. And by frowns we mean fines and worse to make you play. Guys in black suits and sunglasses suddenly at your door frowns. You do not mess with the NBA’s marketing apparatus.
Good news for the Celtics, however that it is nothing serious.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8