Feb 14, 2011, 5:43 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:43 pm: Like we didn’t all know this is how the story would end. Kobe was the first Laker to the arena Monday and was putting up shots, according to the twitter account of Dave McMenamin with ESPNLosAngeles. He’s going to play.
Of course he’s going to play. Did you really expect anything else?
Kobe missed the Lakers shootaround Monday in Charlotte with “aches” and “chills,” according to Lakers.com reporter Mike Trudell. He does not have the flu, so apparently just flu-like symptoms (which when I used to use that excuse meant hungover, but I seriously doubt that is the case here). He is officially a game-time decision.
With the Lakers loss in Orlando they are 4-1 on their Grammy road trip — which was well worth it, to get to see Lady Gaga come out of an egg alone. They play the Bobcats Monday and the Cavaliers on Wednesday. They have a real chance to finish the road trip 6-1.
And Kobe’s going to play through anything to make that happen. Black knight.
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 20
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 29