Feb 14, 2011, 5:43 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:43 pm: Like we didn’t all know this is how the story would end. Kobe was the first Laker to the arena Monday and was putting up shots, according to the twitter account of Dave McMenamin with ESPNLosAngeles. He’s going to play.
Of course he’s going to play. Did you really expect anything else?
Kobe missed the Lakers shootaround Monday in Charlotte with “aches” and “chills,” according to Lakers.com reporter Mike Trudell. He does not have the flu, so apparently just flu-like symptoms (which when I used to use that excuse meant hungover, but I seriously doubt that is the case here). He is officially a game-time decision.
With the Lakers loss in Orlando they are 4-1 on their Grammy road trip — which was well worth it, to get to see Lady Gaga come out of an egg alone. They play the Bobcats Monday and the Cavaliers on Wednesday. They have a real chance to finish the road trip 6-1.
And Kobe’s going to play through anything to make that happen. Black knight.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 12
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50