Feb 14, 2011, 5:43 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:43 pm: Like we didn’t all know this is how the story would end. Kobe was the first Laker to the arena Monday and was putting up shots, according to the twitter account of Dave McMenamin with ESPNLosAngeles. He’s going to play.
Of course he’s going to play. Did you really expect anything else?
Kobe missed the Lakers shootaround Monday in Charlotte with “aches” and “chills,” according to Lakers.com reporter Mike Trudell. He does not have the flu, so apparently just flu-like symptoms (which when I used to use that excuse meant hungover, but I seriously doubt that is the case here). He is officially a game-time decision.
With the Lakers loss in Orlando they are 4-1 on their Grammy road trip — which was well worth it, to get to see Lady Gaga come out of an egg alone. They play the Bobcats Monday and the Cavaliers on Wednesday. They have a real chance to finish the road trip 6-1.
And Kobe’s going to play through anything to make that happen. Black knight.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85