Feb 14, 2011, 5:43 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:43 pm: Like we didn’t all know this is how the story would end. Kobe was the first Laker to the arena Monday and was putting up shots, according to the twitter account of Dave McMenamin with ESPNLosAngeles. He’s going to play.
Of course he’s going to play. Did you really expect anything else?
Kobe missed the Lakers shootaround Monday in Charlotte with “aches” and “chills,” according to Lakers.com reporter Mike Trudell. He does not have the flu, so apparently just flu-like symptoms (which when I used to use that excuse meant hungover, but I seriously doubt that is the case here). He is officially a game-time decision.
With the Lakers loss in Orlando they are 4-1 on their Grammy road trip — which was well worth it, to get to see Lady Gaga come out of an egg alone. They play the Bobcats Monday and the Cavaliers on Wednesday. They have a real chance to finish the road trip 6-1.
And Kobe’s going to play through anything to make that happen. Black knight.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18