Feb 13, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
Paul Pierce was not Paul Pierce on Sunday, shooting 0-for-10 from the field. We thought it was the wrist on his shooting hand that he sprained Saturday, combined with the fact the Heat’s perimeter defenders are pretty athletic.
But it was more than that — Pierce said after the game he was going to get an MRI on his sore left foot Monday.
It’s precautionary, but still troubling (especially after that shootong performance). The Celtics have been the best team in the East and looked like a team the Heat will struggle to match up with along the front line come the playoffs. (The Celtics won Sunday even with Pierce hurting, Shaq out, Jermaine O’Neal out, and Marquis Daniels out.)
The only thing that might derail that? Injuries. Not just to the role players but to the big four. Always a concern with an older team but one Boston fans didn’t want to think about. They have to now for the next 24 hours.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 51
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19