Feb 13, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
Paul Pierce was not Paul Pierce on Sunday, shooting 0-for-10 from the field. We thought it was the wrist on his shooting hand that he sprained Saturday, combined with the fact the Heat’s perimeter defenders are pretty athletic.
But it was more than that — Pierce said after the game he was going to get an MRI on his sore left foot Monday.
It’s precautionary, but still troubling (especially after that shootong performance). The Celtics have been the best team in the East and looked like a team the Heat will struggle to match up with along the front line come the playoffs. (The Celtics won Sunday even with Pierce hurting, Shaq out, Jermaine O’Neal out, and Marquis Daniels out.)
The only thing that might derail that? Injuries. Not just to the role players but to the big four. Always a concern with an older team but one Boston fans didn’t want to think about. They have to now for the next 24 hours.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 0
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10