Feb 13, 2011, 7:29 PM EST
Paul Pierce was not Paul Pierce on Sunday, shooting 0-for-10 from the field. We thought it was the wrist on his shooting hand that he sprained Saturday, combined with the fact the Heat’s perimeter defenders are pretty athletic.
But it was more than that — Pierce said after the game he was going to get an MRI on his sore left foot Monday.
It’s precautionary, but still troubling (especially after that shootong performance). The Celtics have been the best team in the East and looked like a team the Heat will struggle to match up with along the front line come the playoffs. (The Celtics won Sunday even with Pierce hurting, Shaq out, Jermaine O’Neal out, and Marquis Daniels out.)
The only thing that might derail that? Injuries. Not just to the role players but to the big four. Always a concern with an older team but one Boston fans didn’t want to think about. They have to now for the next 24 hours.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 12
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 6
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 30
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 16
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 20
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)