Feb 13, 2011, 7:29 PM EST
Paul Pierce was not Paul Pierce on Sunday, shooting 0-for-10 from the field. We thought it was the wrist on his shooting hand that he sprained Saturday, combined with the fact the Heat’s perimeter defenders are pretty athletic.
But it was more than that — Pierce said after the game he was going to get an MRI on his sore left foot Monday.
It’s precautionary, but still troubling (especially after that shootong performance). The Celtics have been the best team in the East and looked like a team the Heat will struggle to match up with along the front line come the playoffs. (The Celtics won Sunday even with Pierce hurting, Shaq out, Jermaine O’Neal out, and Marquis Daniels out.)
The only thing that might derail that? Injuries. Not just to the role players but to the big four. Always a concern with an older team but one Boston fans didn’t want to think about. They have to now for the next 24 hours.
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 12
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 25
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 19
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3
- Shane Larkin, a second thought as Knicks chase star free agents, trying to find his own way 1