Feb 12, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Karl Malone, Jazz legend, spoke before the Jazz went out and failed in epic fashion against the Suns Friday night. His comments immediately took everyone back. In short, Malone made it very clear that the man he knew would never have surrendered his post mid-season.
“I will say this: I know my coach. I know my coach. And I know my assistant coach. And I know all these coaches. The coach I know and the man I know have never quit or resigned in anything. That’s what I want to say.”
“What I said is what I said. I know Jerry Sloan. And the people that know him the closest know that man would never resign or quit if you want to, on nothing. I don’t care what it is.”
Here’s video of Malone’s little unleashing, courtesy of the Salt Lake City Tribune.
There’s also a lot of talk about Malone coaching in his comments, which is kind of from left field. Malone talks about carrying on Sloan’s legacy. So be sure to keep an eye on that situation. But Malone’s sincerity about the situation with Sloan makes you wonder about all the rumors surrounding what went down this week, and whether there’s more ugliness to come out. Malone certainly seems willing to chase it out.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20