Feb 12, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Karl Malone, Jazz legend, spoke before the Jazz went out and failed in epic fashion against the Suns Friday night. His comments immediately took everyone back. In short, Malone made it very clear that the man he knew would never have surrendered his post mid-season.
“I will say this: I know my coach. I know my coach. And I know my assistant coach. And I know all these coaches. The coach I know and the man I know have never quit or resigned in anything. That’s what I want to say.”
“What I said is what I said. I know Jerry Sloan. And the people that know him the closest know that man would never resign or quit if you want to, on nothing. I don’t care what it is.”
Here’s video of Malone’s little unleashing, courtesy of the Salt Lake City Tribune.
There’s also a lot of talk about Malone coaching in his comments, which is kind of from left field. Malone talks about carrying on Sloan’s legacy. So be sure to keep an eye on that situation. But Malone’s sincerity about the situation with Sloan makes you wonder about all the rumors surrounding what went down this week, and whether there’s more ugliness to come out. Malone certainly seems willing to chase it out.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50