Feb 12, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Karl Malone, Jazz legend, spoke before the Jazz went out and failed in epic fashion against the Suns Friday night. His comments immediately took everyone back. In short, Malone made it very clear that the man he knew would never have surrendered his post mid-season.
“I will say this: I know my coach. I know my coach. And I know my assistant coach. And I know all these coaches. The coach I know and the man I know have never quit or resigned in anything. That’s what I want to say.”
“What I said is what I said. I know Jerry Sloan. And the people that know him the closest know that man would never resign or quit if you want to, on nothing. I don’t care what it is.”
Here’s video of Malone’s little unleashing, courtesy of the Salt Lake City Tribune.
There’s also a lot of talk about Malone coaching in his comments, which is kind of from left field. Malone talks about carrying on Sloan’s legacy. So be sure to keep an eye on that situation. But Malone’s sincerity about the situation with Sloan makes you wonder about all the rumors surrounding what went down this week, and whether there’s more ugliness to come out. Malone certainly seems willing to chase it out.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 21
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13