Feb 12, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Karl Malone, Jazz legend, spoke before the Jazz went out and failed in epic fashion against the Suns Friday night. His comments immediately took everyone back. In short, Malone made it very clear that the man he knew would never have surrendered his post mid-season.
“I will say this: I know my coach. I know my coach. And I know my assistant coach. And I know all these coaches. The coach I know and the man I know have never quit or resigned in anything. That’s what I want to say.”
“What I said is what I said. I know Jerry Sloan. And the people that know him the closest know that man would never resign or quit if you want to, on nothing. I don’t care what it is.”
Here’s video of Malone’s little unleashing, courtesy of the Salt Lake City Tribune.
There’s also a lot of talk about Malone coaching in his comments, which is kind of from left field. Malone talks about carrying on Sloan’s legacy. So be sure to keep an eye on that situation. But Malone’s sincerity about the situation with Sloan makes you wonder about all the rumors surrounding what went down this week, and whether there’s more ugliness to come out. Malone certainly seems willing to chase it out.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 82
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20