Feb 12, 2011, 8:18 PM EDT
It’s only fitting that something spectacular encapsulated the Cavaliers getting over the hump of the single most epic losing streak in NBA history. It was going to take the players stepping up on a level we haven’t seen, and they definitely did. Particularly J.J. Hickson.
J.J. Hickson was supposed to take the franchise forward into the future. He was supposed to be the rock for them to build around. But he’s disappointed mightily this season, even for a Cavalier. Last night, however, faced against the albatross of doom that is Blake Griffin, Hickson stepped up. Big time. Along with 27 points and 14 rebounds, Hickson provided this:
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 0
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 61
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 31
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 43
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33