Feb 12, 2011, 8:18 PM EDT
It’s only fitting that something spectacular encapsulated the Cavaliers getting over the hump of the single most epic losing streak in NBA history. It was going to take the players stepping up on a level we haven’t seen, and they definitely did. Particularly J.J. Hickson.
J.J. Hickson was supposed to take the franchise forward into the future. He was supposed to be the rock for them to build around. But he’s disappointed mightily this season, even for a Cavalier. Last night, however, faced against the albatross of doom that is Blake Griffin, Hickson stepped up. Big time. Along with 27 points and 14 rebounds, Hickson provided this:
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 20
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 31
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 45
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 33