Feb 11, 2011, 10:01 AM EDT
This is about as clutch a regular season shot as you are going to see.
Watch the play develop for Chauncey Billups to come off a Nene screen, while Arron Afflalo stands ready for the corner three. But the play breaks down and Afflalo moves up so he can become a pressure outlet. Which Billups eventually needs.
What’s impressive is a lot of guys would have just gone up with the contested shot, but Afflalo had the presence of mind to take a hard dribble left to create space, then elevate, then… goodbye Dallas winning streak.
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 38
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 14
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 29
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64