Feb 11, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
Friday has been a day of tributes to Ray Allen — and he deserves it. Guy’s a legend. An icon. Now the greatest three point shooter in the history of the NBA.
One of the more interesting ones comes from A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com. He went and talked to the five other active players in the all-time top 10 for three pointers made to get their thoughts on shooting and Allen. It’s a great read.
“His preparation,” Lewis said, “is second to none. That’s something that I really picked up from him that, if you want to be a great player in this league, you have to work at your game and never be satisfied.”
Like the rest of us hacks, Peja Stojakovic envies the style.
“Ray is an unbelievable shooter,” Stojakovic said. “His form, release, everything is perfect. You can see he’s so focused when he shoots. It doesn’t really matter what the defense is doing.”
Also on that list, Jason Terry. (That’s two Mavs on the list, opposing teams may want to take note of that when devising defensive game plans.)
“Obviously, we know who the pioneer was for our era; it was Reggie Miller,” Terry said. “He set the bar. And now Ray Allen has raised that bar. His longevity, the way he has been able to do it, and for how long he’s been doing it for, I want to continue to do that. Once he leaves, hopefully I’ll just slide right on in.”
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 4
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 5
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 12
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 18
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 12
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30