Feb 11, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Friday has been a day of tributes to Ray Allen — and he deserves it. Guy’s a legend. An icon. Now the greatest three point shooter in the history of the NBA.
One of the more interesting ones comes from A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com. He went and talked to the five other active players in the all-time top 10 for three pointers made to get their thoughts on shooting and Allen. It’s a great read.
“His preparation,” Lewis said, “is second to none. That’s something that I really picked up from him that, if you want to be a great player in this league, you have to work at your game and never be satisfied.”
Like the rest of us hacks, Peja Stojakovic envies the style.
“Ray is an unbelievable shooter,” Stojakovic said. “His form, release, everything is perfect. You can see he’s so focused when he shoots. It doesn’t really matter what the defense is doing.”
Also on that list, Jason Terry. (That’s two Mavs on the list, opposing teams may want to take note of that when devising defensive game plans.)
“Obviously, we know who the pioneer was for our era; it was Reggie Miller,” Terry said. “He set the bar. And now Ray Allen has raised that bar. His longevity, the way he has been able to do it, and for how long he’s been doing it for, I want to continue to do that. Once he leaves, hopefully I’ll just slide right on in.”
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 45
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31