Feb 11, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Remember the debate last week about whether or not Kobe Bryant is clutch? With the numbers saying he and he Lakers are really just slightly above average in that situation?
Kobe’s been down that road before and had an answer when asked about it by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
“People kind of get bored with things that I’ve done, so they try to find new ones to talk about or try to find numbers to justify certain things,” Bryant told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday. “That’s what happens when you win. I remember Magic and Michael [Jordan] going through similar things. Hey, the talk before was that I couldn’t do it without Shaq. Well I did that. And then I did it again. Now it’s something else. They’re always going to come for something else.
“But I win. We win….”
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
I wouldn’t bet against Kobe in the clutch. It would be nice though if he got that shot out of an offensive set with screens and off-ball movement rather than in isolation shooting over three defenders.
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 37
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 20
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89