Feb 11, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Remember the debate last week about whether or not Kobe Bryant is clutch? With the numbers saying he and he Lakers are really just slightly above average in that situation?
Kobe’s been down that road before and had an answer when asked about it by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
“People kind of get bored with things that I’ve done, so they try to find new ones to talk about or try to find numbers to justify certain things,” Bryant told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday. “That’s what happens when you win. I remember Magic and Michael [Jordan] going through similar things. Hey, the talk before was that I couldn’t do it without Shaq. Well I did that. And then I did it again. Now it’s something else. They’re always going to come for something else.
“But I win. We win….”
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
I wouldn’t bet against Kobe in the clutch. It would be nice though if he got that shot out of an offensive set with screens and off-ball movement rather than in isolation shooting over three defenders.
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 20
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 1
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 15
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Life is good in the Golden State 12
- Damian Lillard, as stature grows, refuses to become content 5
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 11
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 12
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 20