Feb 11, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Of those 26 games the Cleveland Cavaliers have lost in a row, the 14 have come with Mo Williams sitting out due to a hip injury.
Think they could have used a scoring guard who doesn’t fear big moments in a few of those games?
They get him back Friday — Mo Williams will return to the lineup. Expect him to come off the bench for a little while. He was averaging 13.6 points per game before getting injured (he’s been out since Jan. 15), but was only shooting 38.7 percent and 26.6 percent from three.
Williams return could mean fewer minutes for Ramon Sessions, which is unfortunate because Sessions has been playing the better of the two this season.
The Cavaliers take on the Clippers at home Friday night and then the Wizards on Sunday in a game destined for, um, greatness? No. Train wreck? That sounds about right.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 6
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 18
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 66
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14