Feb 11, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Of those 26 games the Cleveland Cavaliers have lost in a row, the 14 have come with Mo Williams sitting out due to a hip injury.
Think they could have used a scoring guard who doesn’t fear big moments in a few of those games?
They get him back Friday — Mo Williams will return to the lineup. Expect him to come off the bench for a little while. He was averaging 13.6 points per game before getting injured (he’s been out since Jan. 15), but was only shooting 38.7 percent and 26.6 percent from three.
Williams return could mean fewer minutes for Ramon Sessions, which is unfortunate because Sessions has been playing the better of the two this season.
The Cavaliers take on the Clippers at home Friday night and then the Wizards on Sunday in a game destined for, um, greatness? No. Train wreck? That sounds about right.
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 20
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 13
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 46
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 21
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Serena Williams sorry after rape case comments
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record