Feb 11, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Of those 26 games the Cleveland Cavaliers have lost in a row, the 14 have come with Mo Williams sitting out due to a hip injury.
Think they could have used a scoring guard who doesn’t fear big moments in a few of those games?
They get him back Friday — Mo Williams will return to the lineup. Expect him to come off the bench for a little while. He was averaging 13.6 points per game before getting injured (he’s been out since Jan. 15), but was only shooting 38.7 percent and 26.6 percent from three.
Williams return could mean fewer minutes for Ramon Sessions, which is unfortunate because Sessions has been playing the better of the two this season.
The Cavaliers take on the Clippers at home Friday night and then the Wizards on Sunday in a game destined for, um, greatness? No. Train wreck? That sounds about right.
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 19
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 9
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64