Feb 11, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Of those 26 games the Cleveland Cavaliers have lost in a row, the 14 have come with Mo Williams sitting out due to a hip injury.
Think they could have used a scoring guard who doesn’t fear big moments in a few of those games?
They get him back Friday — Mo Williams will return to the lineup. Expect him to come off the bench for a little while. He was averaging 13.6 points per game before getting injured (he’s been out since Jan. 15), but was only shooting 38.7 percent and 26.6 percent from three.
Williams return could mean fewer minutes for Ramon Sessions, which is unfortunate because Sessions has been playing the better of the two this season.
The Cavaliers take on the Clippers at home Friday night and then the Wizards on Sunday in a game destined for, um, greatness? No. Train wreck? That sounds about right.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 10
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 30
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 84
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 54
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4