Feb 11, 2011, 3:34 PM EDT
The shot rimmed out, but Paul thought he was fouled on the legs. No call. And he walked past the referees a few times and let them know about it.
The league doesn’t like that. Paul has been fined $15,000 by the league for “verbal abuse of a game official,” it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA VP and disciplinarian.
Did Paul have a case? Maybe. You could have called it, but really you’re not going to get that call at the end of games. It was probably doubly frustrating because that ball rolled all the way around the rim before coming out. Tough loss. Now it will cost him.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9