Feb 11, 2011, 3:34 PM EDT
The shot rimmed out, but Paul thought he was fouled on the legs. No call. And he walked past the referees a few times and let them know about it.
The league doesn’t like that. Paul has been fined $15,000 by the league for “verbal abuse of a game official,” it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA VP and disciplinarian.
Did Paul have a case? Maybe. You could have called it, but really you’re not going to get that call at the end of games. It was probably doubly frustrating because that ball rolled all the way around the rim before coming out. Tough loss. Now it will cost him.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18