Feb 11, 2011, 3:34 PM EDT
The shot rimmed out, but Paul thought he was fouled on the legs. No call. And he walked past the referees a few times and let them know about it.
The league doesn’t like that. Paul has been fined $15,000 by the league for “verbal abuse of a game official,” it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA VP and disciplinarian.
Did Paul have a case? Maybe. You could have called it, but really you’re not going to get that call at the end of games. It was probably doubly frustrating because that ball rolled all the way around the rim before coming out. Tough loss. Now it will cost him.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 75
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 22
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13