Feb 11, 2011, 3:34 PM EST
The shot rimmed out, but Paul thought he was fouled on the legs. No call. And he walked past the referees a few times and let them know about it.
The league doesn’t like that. Paul has been fined $15,000 by the league for “verbal abuse of a game official,” it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA VP and disciplinarian.
Did Paul have a case? Maybe. You could have called it, but really you’re not going to get that call at the end of games. It was probably doubly frustrating because that ball rolled all the way around the rim before coming out. Tough loss. Now it will cost him.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13