Feb 11, 2011, 3:34 PM EDT
The shot rimmed out, but Paul thought he was fouled on the legs. No call. And he walked past the referees a few times and let them know about it.
The league doesn’t like that. Paul has been fined $15,000 by the league for “verbal abuse of a game official,” it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA VP and disciplinarian.
Did Paul have a case? Maybe. You could have called it, but really you’re not going to get that call at the end of games. It was probably doubly frustrating because that ball rolled all the way around the rim before coming out. Tough loss. Now it will cost him.
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 0
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 12
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6