Feb 10, 2011, 4:03 PM EST
One of the things we’re sure you’ll be watching a week from Friday — because what could you possibly have that’s better to do on a Friday night? — is the All-Star Shooting Stars contest. You know, where one current NBA player, one WNBA player and one TNT analyst per team shoot standing shots from numbered spots on the floor. Who would want to miss that?
Great news for you then, the teams have been announced. I knew you’d be excited.
Team Los Angeles will include the Lakers’ Pau Gasol, the Los Angeles Sparks’ Tina Thompson, and NBA TV analyst — and Big Bang Theory cameo guy — Rick Fox.
Team Atlanta features the Hawks’ Al Horford, Coco Miller of the Atlanta Dream, and NBA TV analyst Steve Smith.
Team Chicago is comprised of the Chicago Bulls’ Taj Gibson, the Chicago Sky’s Cathrine Kraayveld, and TNT NBA analyst Steve Kerr.
Defending champion Team Texas is represented by the Maverkicks’ Dirk Nowitzki, the San Antonio Silver Stars’ Roneeka Hodges, and TNT analyst Kenny Smith.
If you care (and we’re not really sure you do) the rules are there are six numbered shooting locations of increasing difficulty, with each team attempting to make all shots in numeric order in the fastest time. Each team will select a specific player rotation to follow throughout the competition. Each shot must be made before the next player begins shooting in succession.
The event will be broadcast on ESPN. Set your DVR, then when you get home you have something to help you fall asleep.
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 0
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 7
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 37
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 28