Feb 10, 2011, 8:52 AM EDT
In a time of some rather crazy trade rumors, here’s a little one that makes some sense, out of the Houston Chronicle.
There have been talks with Chicago about center Omer Asik, according to a person with knowledge of those conversations. The Bulls have been looking for a shooting guard and have inquired about Courtney Lee. Morey has been hesitant to part with Lee.
This is a deal that could be done straight up (the salaries are close enough, both have one year left on their deals after this with a qualifying offer that can make it two years).
Since Yao Ming went down the Rockets have been looking for a true center and Asik could be that guy. Not Yao, he’s nowhere near that good, but the Turkey could become a solid NBA center. He had his best game of the season against the Jazz Wednesday with 13 points.
The Bulls have looked for upgrades on the wing and Lee could go into their mix there. He’s athletic, can defend, and has been giving the Rockets a passable backup to Kevin Martin. He dropped 23 on Minnesota a couple nights ago but his usage has been inconsistent (averaging 18 minutes and 7 points per game this season).
Not a blockbuster, but one that makes more sense than a lot of the deals discussed.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6