Feb 10, 2011, 8:52 AM EDT
In a time of some rather crazy trade rumors, here’s a little one that makes some sense, out of the Houston Chronicle.
There have been talks with Chicago about center Omer Asik, according to a person with knowledge of those conversations. The Bulls have been looking for a shooting guard and have inquired about Courtney Lee. Morey has been hesitant to part with Lee.
This is a deal that could be done straight up (the salaries are close enough, both have one year left on their deals after this with a qualifying offer that can make it two years).
Since Yao Ming went down the Rockets have been looking for a true center and Asik could be that guy. Not Yao, he’s nowhere near that good, but the Turkey could become a solid NBA center. He had his best game of the season against the Jazz Wednesday with 13 points.
The Bulls have looked for upgrades on the wing and Lee could go into their mix there. He’s athletic, can defend, and has been giving the Rockets a passable backup to Kevin Martin. He dropped 23 on Minnesota a couple nights ago but his usage has been inconsistent (averaging 18 minutes and 7 points per game this season).
Not a blockbuster, but one that makes more sense than a lot of the deals discussed.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6