Feb 10, 2011, 8:52 AM EDT
In a time of some rather crazy trade rumors, here’s a little one that makes some sense, out of the Houston Chronicle.
There have been talks with Chicago about center Omer Asik, according to a person with knowledge of those conversations. The Bulls have been looking for a shooting guard and have inquired about Courtney Lee. Morey has been hesitant to part with Lee.
This is a deal that could be done straight up (the salaries are close enough, both have one year left on their deals after this with a qualifying offer that can make it two years).
Since Yao Ming went down the Rockets have been looking for a true center and Asik could be that guy. Not Yao, he’s nowhere near that good, but the Turkey could become a solid NBA center. He had his best game of the season against the Jazz Wednesday with 13 points.
The Bulls have looked for upgrades on the wing and Lee could go into their mix there. He’s athletic, can defend, and has been giving the Rockets a passable backup to Kevin Martin. He dropped 23 on Minnesota a couple nights ago but his usage has been inconsistent (averaging 18 minutes and 7 points per game this season).
Not a blockbuster, but one that makes more sense than a lot of the deals discussed.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 1
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18