Feb 10, 2011, 8:22 AM EDT
Like many teams, the Sacramento Kings run a promotion where a fan gets a chance at a half-court shot to win a bunch of money (or a trip or whatever). Wednesday night a Kings’ fan nailed it.
Why? Because Bill Walton was courtside and summoned the spirit of Jerry Garcia on Grateful Dead night at the Kings game. Well, that’s what it sounds like if you listen to the announcers (including Walton himself).
Personally, not a Jerry Garcia fan. Cherry Garcia? That works.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42