Feb 10, 2011, 8:22 AM EST
Like many teams, the Sacramento Kings run a promotion where a fan gets a chance at a half-court shot to win a bunch of money (or a trip or whatever). Wednesday night a Kings’ fan nailed it.
Why? Because Bill Walton was courtside and summoned the spirit of Jerry Garcia on Grateful Dead night at the Kings game. Well, that’s what it sounds like if you listen to the announcers (including Walton himself).
Personally, not a Jerry Garcia fan. Cherry Garcia? That works.
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 4
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 5
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 12
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 18
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 12
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30