Feb 10, 2011, 8:22 AM EDT
Like many teams, the Sacramento Kings run a promotion where a fan gets a chance at a half-court shot to win a bunch of money (or a trip or whatever). Wednesday night a Kings’ fan nailed it.
Why? Because Bill Walton was courtside and summoned the spirit of Jerry Garcia on Grateful Dead night at the Kings game. Well, that’s what it sounds like if you listen to the announcers (including Walton himself).
Personally, not a Jerry Garcia fan. Cherry Garcia? That works.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 0
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 13
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 16
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25