Feb 10, 2011, 8:22 AM EDT
Like many teams, the Sacramento Kings run a promotion where a fan gets a chance at a half-court shot to win a bunch of money (or a trip or whatever). Wednesday night a Kings’ fan nailed it.
Why? Because Bill Walton was courtside and summoned the spirit of Jerry Garcia on Grateful Dead night at the Kings game. Well, that’s what it sounds like if you listen to the announcers (including Walton himself).
Personally, not a Jerry Garcia fan. Cherry Garcia? That works.
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 0
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 28
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 23
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 8
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 50
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (79)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (63)
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay