Feb 9, 2011, 10:16 AM EDT
Yes, the musical acts deserve their own post. The NBA All-Star Game is a show, a weekend of entertainment and parties where there happens to be a basketball game at one point. And some Blake Griffin dunks.
So the musical acts get some love.
Sunday during the player introductions you are gonna go the way of Lenny Kravitz. At halftime, Rihanna will be the only girl… well, except for the dancers. And Jeanie Buss. (By the way, Rihanna reportedly recently was fawning over Blake Griffin at a Clippers game, just like the other 18,000 in attendance).
The pregame national anthem comes from Josh Groban. He likely will know all the words.
Saturday the national anthem will be sung by Keri Hilson and there will be performances by Far East Movement and Cee Lo Green.
Friday night, John Wall will be dancin’ as Cali Swag District performs “Teach Me How to Dougie.” So long as we don’t ever have to see Charles Barkley do that again.
Not the best lineup ever, but at least it’s not the Black Eyed Peas recreating Tron crossed with Wonkavision.
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 0
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 40
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44