Feb 9, 2011, 10:16 AM EDT
Yes, the musical acts deserve their own post. The NBA All-Star Game is a show, a weekend of entertainment and parties where there happens to be a basketball game at one point. And some Blake Griffin dunks.
So the musical acts get some love.
Sunday during the player introductions you are gonna go the way of Lenny Kravitz. At halftime, Rihanna will be the only girl… well, except for the dancers. And Jeanie Buss. (By the way, Rihanna reportedly recently was fawning over Blake Griffin at a Clippers game, just like the other 18,000 in attendance).
The pregame national anthem comes from Josh Groban. He likely will know all the words.
Saturday the national anthem will be sung by Keri Hilson and there will be performances by Far East Movement and Cee Lo Green.
Friday night, John Wall will be dancin’ as Cali Swag District performs “Teach Me How to Dougie.” So long as we don’t ever have to see Charles Barkley do that again.
Not the best lineup ever, but at least it’s not the Black Eyed Peas recreating Tron crossed with Wonkavision.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 0
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35