Feb 9, 2011, 10:16 AM EDT
Yes, the musical acts deserve their own post. The NBA All-Star Game is a show, a weekend of entertainment and parties where there happens to be a basketball game at one point. And some Blake Griffin dunks.
So the musical acts get some love.
Sunday during the player introductions you are gonna go the way of Lenny Kravitz. At halftime, Rihanna will be the only girl… well, except for the dancers. And Jeanie Buss. (By the way, Rihanna reportedly recently was fawning over Blake Griffin at a Clippers game, just like the other 18,000 in attendance).
The pregame national anthem comes from Josh Groban. He likely will know all the words.
Saturday the national anthem will be sung by Keri Hilson and there will be performances by Far East Movement and Cee Lo Green.
Friday night, John Wall will be dancin’ as Cali Swag District performs “Teach Me How to Dougie.” So long as we don’t ever have to see Charles Barkley do that again.
Not the best lineup ever, but at least it’s not the Black Eyed Peas recreating Tron crossed with Wonkavision.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 4
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 18
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14