Feb 9, 2011, 10:16 AM EDT
Yes, the musical acts deserve their own post. The NBA All-Star Game is a show, a weekend of entertainment and parties where there happens to be a basketball game at one point. And some Blake Griffin dunks.
So the musical acts get some love.
Sunday during the player introductions you are gonna go the way of Lenny Kravitz. At halftime, Rihanna will be the only girl… well, except for the dancers. And Jeanie Buss. (By the way, Rihanna reportedly recently was fawning over Blake Griffin at a Clippers game, just like the other 18,000 in attendance).
The pregame national anthem comes from Josh Groban. He likely will know all the words.
Saturday the national anthem will be sung by Keri Hilson and there will be performances by Far East Movement and Cee Lo Green.
Friday night, John Wall will be dancin’ as Cali Swag District performs “Teach Me How to Dougie.” So long as we don’t ever have to see Charles Barkley do that again.
Not the best lineup ever, but at least it’s not the Black Eyed Peas recreating Tron crossed with Wonkavision.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11