Feb 9, 2011, 10:16 AM EST
Yes, the musical acts deserve their own post. The NBA All-Star Game is a show, a weekend of entertainment and parties where there happens to be a basketball game at one point. And some Blake Griffin dunks.
So the musical acts get some love.
Sunday during the player introductions you are gonna go the way of Lenny Kravitz. At halftime, Rihanna will be the only girl… well, except for the dancers. And Jeanie Buss. (By the way, Rihanna reportedly recently was fawning over Blake Griffin at a Clippers game, just like the other 18,000 in attendance).
The pregame national anthem comes from Josh Groban. He likely will know all the words.
Saturday the national anthem will be sung by Keri Hilson and there will be performances by Far East Movement and Cee Lo Green.
Friday night, John Wall will be dancin’ as Cali Swag District performs “Teach Me How to Dougie.” So long as we don’t ever have to see Charles Barkley do that again.
Not the best lineup ever, but at least it’s not the Black Eyed Peas recreating Tron crossed with Wonkavision.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 27
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7