Feb 9, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT
Brandon Roy is ready to come back and play this weekend. He has been cleared to practice and if there is one thing we know from Brandon Roy’s history it’s that he wants back on the court. Yesterday.
Blazers coach Nate McMillan is a more patient man. And he may force Roy (and Marcus Camby) to be as well, as reported at Blazers Edge.
“Brandon and Camby have decided when they are coming back, so as far as talking with Jay and the doctors we have these couple of days where we are going to practice. I’ll see if these guys show up for practice and we’ll go from there. As far as them playing this weekend, that hasn’t been decided by us.”
McMillan would be wise to slow this train down. Just as a reminder, Roy had surgery on both knees three weeks ago. Three. I appreciate Roy’s competitive nature. But what is the rush — to make sure they hang on to that eighth seed? We’ve been on the “sit him for the season” bandwagon around here, thinking it’s best for the Blazers long term to let Roy’s knees really have a break. Maybe a few more weeks at least, say after the All-Star break, makes some sense?
But he’ll be back and apparently McMillan can only slow that for so long.
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 2
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 58
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights