Feb 9, 2011, 8:41 AM EST
The last five seasons, Dwight Howard has led the league in most dunks in a season. This season, Blake Griffin is pushing him.
Tuesday night, Howard taught the Clipper rookie a few lessons — about protecting the rim, about the need to diversify his offensive game (although Griffin is getting there fast), about passing out to open shooters. Oh, and this is how you dunk, young man.
Great assist by Jameer Nelson, too. Well, maybe not the best pass ever but when you have Howard to go get the rock it doesn’t have to be.
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 3
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 6
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 7
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 18
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 24
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13