Feb 9, 2011, 8:41 AM EDT
The last five seasons, Dwight Howard has led the league in most dunks in a season. This season, Blake Griffin is pushing him.
Tuesday night, Howard taught the Clipper rookie a few lessons — about protecting the rim, about the need to diversify his offensive game (although Griffin is getting there fast), about passing out to open shooters. Oh, and this is how you dunk, young man.
Great assist by Jameer Nelson, too. Well, maybe not the best pass ever but when you have Howard to go get the rock it doesn’t have to be.
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 1
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 26
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14