Feb 9, 2011, 8:41 AM EDT
The last five seasons, Dwight Howard has led the league in most dunks in a season. This season, Blake Griffin is pushing him.
Tuesday night, Howard taught the Clipper rookie a few lessons — about protecting the rim, about the need to diversify his offensive game (although Griffin is getting there fast), about passing out to open shooters. Oh, and this is how you dunk, young man.
Great assist by Jameer Nelson, too. Well, maybe not the best pass ever but when you have Howard to go get the rock it doesn’t have to be.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15