Feb 9, 2011, 8:41 AM EST
The last five seasons, Dwight Howard has led the league in most dunks in a season. This season, Blake Griffin is pushing him.
Tuesday night, Howard taught the Clipper rookie a few lessons — about protecting the rim, about the need to diversify his offensive game (although Griffin is getting there fast), about passing out to open shooters. Oh, and this is how you dunk, young man.
Great assist by Jameer Nelson, too. Well, maybe not the best pass ever but when you have Howard to go get the rock it doesn’t have to be.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 8
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 10
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9