Feb 9, 2011, 8:41 AM EST
The last five seasons, Dwight Howard has led the league in most dunks in a season. This season, Blake Griffin is pushing him.
Tuesday night, Howard taught the Clipper rookie a few lessons — about protecting the rim, about the need to diversify his offensive game (although Griffin is getting there fast), about passing out to open shooters. Oh, and this is how you dunk, young man.
Great assist by Jameer Nelson, too. Well, maybe not the best pass ever but when you have Howard to go get the rock it doesn’t have to be.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20