Feb 8, 2011, 9:55 AM EST
Spike Lee is an institution at Knicks games, sitting courtside rocking the Landry Fields jersey. Jawing back and forth with players. Talking smack.
This is really surprising, and this is all true. The only time that it’s ever really gotten nasty was with Reggie Miller. But we were friends before that and we’ve been friends since then. When I go to the games, it’s to have fun. I’m respectful. If I say a player missed a shot, that’s not talking about your mother, your family; it’s all good nature. The players enjoy talking to me and I enjoy talking to them.
But this last time against Boston — you know that game where they disallowed Stoudemire’s 3? — Kevin Garnett lost it. He was cursing me out for no reason. Maybe because Stoudemire gave him 39 points, but take that vulgarity to Stoudemire. I’m not holding you and I did not even say s— to Garnett the whole game. That really surprised me. He lost it. He was cursing at me the whole game. He needs to calm the f— down.
Even Celtics fans are coming around to the fact KG is a jerk on the court (“but he’s our jerk”). Great player. Great energy. Tremendously talented. Intense. But he walks across the line plenty.
Now a Knicks/Celtics rivalry. That is good for all of us.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 0
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 2
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12