Feb 8, 2011, 5:56 PM EDT
That’s not a huge loss to the Mavs, Jones has played just once in the team’s last 11 games and that was for three minutes. But it will set back the rookie’s development.
But at the same time, the Mavericks are about to get an upgrade as someone comes off of their foot injury.
Roddy Beaubois went through his first practice since breaking his foot in October on Tuesday. He is a guy the Mavericks expect to be starting, to bring some quickness and creativeness to their attack this season. He was expected to be key.
It’s a swap of young guards the Mavs weren’t looking to make, but now that it’s happened they are going to get better soon.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 7
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 5
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10