Feb 8, 2011, 5:56 PM EDT
That’s not a huge loss to the Mavs, Jones has played just once in the team’s last 11 games and that was for three minutes. But it will set back the rookie’s development.
But at the same time, the Mavericks are about to get an upgrade as someone comes off of their foot injury.
Roddy Beaubois went through his first practice since breaking his foot in October on Tuesday. He is a guy the Mavericks expect to be starting, to bring some quickness and creativeness to their attack this season. He was expected to be key.
It’s a swap of young guards the Mavs weren’t looking to make, but now that it’s happened they are going to get better soon.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13