Feb 8, 2011, 5:56 PM EDT
That’s not a huge loss to the Mavs, Jones has played just once in the team’s last 11 games and that was for three minutes. But it will set back the rookie’s development.
But at the same time, the Mavericks are about to get an upgrade as someone comes off of their foot injury.
Roddy Beaubois went through his first practice since breaking his foot in October on Tuesday. He is a guy the Mavericks expect to be starting, to bring some quickness and creativeness to their attack this season. He was expected to be key.
It’s a swap of young guards the Mavs weren’t looking to make, but now that it’s happened they are going to get better soon.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 43
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 47
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 10
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 26
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11