Feb 8, 2011, 5:56 PM EDT
That’s not a huge loss to the Mavs, Jones has played just once in the team’s last 11 games and that was for three minutes. But it will set back the rookie’s development.
But at the same time, the Mavericks are about to get an upgrade as someone comes off of their foot injury.
Roddy Beaubois went through his first practice since breaking his foot in October on Tuesday. He is a guy the Mavericks expect to be starting, to bring some quickness and creativeness to their attack this season. He was expected to be key.
It’s a swap of young guards the Mavs weren’t looking to make, but now that it’s happened they are going to get better soon.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49